Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Rebel Machine

Sport Suburban

This is a Johan 70 Rebel Machine. This build fought with me a few times. The replacement decals I got were no good and tore easily. I got a third set from Keith Marks and that is what is on it now. The hood scoop decided to pop off after it was glued on and damaged the paint. So the hood got sanded and repainted. I know this kit has a lot of inaccuracies but I chose to only fix the one that bothered me most. I tossed the cross ram and used a resin intake, carb and aircleaner from the Johan 69 SC/Rambler kit. I made the molds myself and will cast up some more for other AMC's. I also used a small piece of styreen for the underhood section of the air box.

70REBELA.jpg

70REBELB.jpg

70REBELC.jpg

70REBELE.jpg

70REBELG.jpg

70REBELF.jpg

Nice job with it. Paintjob looks really good and those decals are very nice! This kit is "must have". Modifications to the chassis and engine wouldn't be bad thing. Yours is looking very good anyways and big pluspoint for building this rare kit. B)