Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished LoneStar test shot

Most up-to-date information is shippment from the Orient on or about 3/20/2011...figure on store shelve about 30 days or so later...If the container goes through Customs without a hitch!

After losing a couple little lenses on this test shot Build - I got the factory to add some extras of those little ones to the clear tree...

Hopefully that will provide some margin of safety and save some frustration for builders...

Dave

Most up-to-date information is shippment from the Orient on or about 3/20/2011...figure on store shelve about 30 days or so later...If the container goes through Customs without a hitch!

After losing a couple little lenses on this test shot Build - I got the factory to add some extras of those little ones to the clear tree...

Hopefully that will provide some margin of safety and save some frustration for builders...

Dave

That's an awesome idea, Dave! Thank you. It's something that occurs to builders ... especially once they've lost one of those tiny little do-dads ... but seldom ever occurs to kit manufacturers that don't actually build their own products. Kudos to you!

:)

Dave, had a question for you or maybe even Tim if he reads this. It has not been clear to me on the material of the Lone Star. Is it a full resin kit or a poly kit? I don't know where I got the confusion, but if you could clear the air on that for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Barry

After losing a couple....... on this test shot Build - I got the factory to add some extras of those.....

Dave.....er, Mr Metzner, that is,

While you're at it, an extra set of tires and wheels too. Maybe even a spare set of frame rails. Just sayin' :DB)

Edited by mountaindewd

• 2 weeks later...

I Finished the red truck this afternoon - added pics to my gallery this afternoon.

Both Test shots were photographed under construction for use in the instruction sheet for the kit..click on the link below to see the added photos..

BTW. second test shots were sent to me this afternoon...I should see them in 4-6 days... If everything we needed to fix has been handled then it's on to mass production...

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Trucks/LoneStar-3/15406316_QdjH4

Dave

hi there jim, i think what mr mitchel means to say is WELCOME to the forum!! :D:)B)

Thank you Cowboysevens! I know I have never posted before, but I got to start somewhere. Chuckyr, I did start at the top of this thread and read every single post and could not find one response that stated what engine this was. I am not familar with this navistar engine, I knew it didn't look like any Cummins or Detroit that I have seen before. It does somewhat resemble a newer Caterpillar, but I wasn't sure if that was correct either because it's not Cat yellow. I'm excited to go research this 1:1 Navistar MaxxForce 15 now so I can learn more about it. This is a great looking kit of an exciting new truck!

Edited by ad2191a

Thank you Cowboysevens! I know I have never posted before, but I got to start somewhere. Chuckyr, I did start at the top of this thread and read every single post and could not find one response that stated what engine this was. I am not familar with this navistar engine, I knew it didn't look like any Cummins or Detroit that I have seen before. It does somewhat resemble a newer Caterpillar, but I wasn't sure if that was correct either because it's not Cat yellow. I'm excited to go research this 1:1 Navistar MaxxForce 15 now so I can learn more about it. This is a great looking kit of an exciting new truck!

What I was saying was that if you skim through the thread, a lot of questions you may have may be answered already.

Edited by chuckyr

The Navistar MaxxForce 15 is based on the Cat C-15. When Cat decided to get out of the business of building engines for OTR trucks Navistar acquired that product line.

The MaxxForce 15 is based on a big 6 cylinder Cat engine with all new fuel management and cylinder head design as well as Navistar's new EGR polution control system...this is kinda like a Cat block and crank with new everything else - that makes it pretty much an all new piece

Navistar has chosen to use Exhaust Gas Recirculation technology to meet new federal polution comntrol standards...they are the only OTR Truck builder to use that technology - the other engine builders are using a chemical catalyst additive system for polution control...

The EGR system adds a lot of new plumbing so this engine package as installed in the truck really doesn't look like any other..

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

The Navistar MaxxForce 15 is based on the Cat C-15. When Cat decided to get out of the business of building engines for OTR trucks Navistar acquired that product line.

The MaxxForce 15 is based on a big 6 cylinder Cat engine with all new fuel management and cylinder head design as well as Navistar's new EGR polution control system...this is kinda like a Cat block and crank with new everything else - that makes it pretty much an all new piece

Navistar has chosen to use Exhaust Gas Recirculation technology to meet new federal polution comntrol standards...they are the only OTR Truck builder to use that technology - the other engine builders are using a chemical catalyst additive system for polution control...

The EGR system adds a lot of new plumbing so this engine package as installed in the truck really doesn't look like any other..

Dave

dave everytime you leave a post about this truck my craving for one grows stronger!!!! lol we gonn abe fightin over them in the isles at the local hobby shops :rolleyes::lol::D:PB)

Dave

Thanks Dave, I was not aware of any of this until now. Saves me from having to look it up myself. I'm excited to get one in scale form. A little research on the web shows that Caterpillar will be releasing on the road trucks sometime in 2011 branded with the CAT name. Do you think this has anything to do with the Navistar partnership as well? Cat highway trucks, that will be interesting.

Edited by ad2191a