Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 MGB is done

ViperDave

Hi Dave...........

As mentioned elsewhere.............. That's a great build. It's clean and uncluttered, captures the spirit of the little MGB to a tee.

I'm also impressed with the kit wires. They appear to be a pretty decent rendition and above par for the sort of wires normally provided within kits.

They go a long way to promoting the vehicles character. The interior is very well done also, being a Brit' just looking into it via your pic's evokes a very distictive smell that came with these vehicles. I have spent many an hour blatting around the English countryside in these cars and perhaps thats something you have to do in order to appreciate them at their best.

Once agin.............. Very well done.................... Yadster.,

Very nice Dave. I really like the color. I am wondering what color you used for the seats and door panels. They look great. The interior makes me want to jump in and take off. 8)

Model Masters "Wood" for the tan and it was air brushed on. The floor is color is called "Rust" and was textured with the end of a paint brush while drying to give the carpet look. It is Out of box so I didn't add anything but paint.

Very nicely done Dave! That is the quintessential color for that car! 8)

The interior is very well done also, being a Brit' just looking into it via your pic's evokes a very distictive smell that came with these vehicles. I have spent many an hour blatting around the English countryside in these cars and perhaps thats something you have to do in order to appreciate them at their best.

Yes, I'm very familiar with that "smell" too.........but it usually meant for me the smell of money coming out of my wallet sometime down the road. :wink:

I have to admit when it was running right and I had the dual SU carbs in sync the way they should...........it was a real BLAST to drive and take the twisty bits with! :D

A few questions from a 'fellow' Dave.

1: does the kit give you the option of left hand drive? if not is there any way to get a left hand drive dash?

2: what color did you spray the body shell brand and color and cat# if possible.

Great looking 'B' man my dad had 3 of them all pre rubber bumper models.

Dave. It only came with one dash but I don't think it would take much to cut it apart and put the main dash cluster on the other side. Of course you would have to make a few knobs and do some filling but not beyond what others have done.

The color is Beret green that comes in the little 1/4 oz testors bottles. It is flat paint had had to be clear coated. I guess there are colors that are close but when I was looking through my paint that one stuck out as being the closest from what I remembered. The interior is Model masters Wood and Rust.

• 4 months later...