Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volksrod

Aussie Matt

Thanks Scott, thanks Jim!

Yes I am using the Blueprinter engine, It is getting the turbo now, I found that the panel that the engine and trans mate up to is basically where the exhaust sits for the turbo version, so it will have a revised intake and exhaust setup (maybe not scale but should still look ok).

The turbo carb will be replaced by a webber and it will use the blueprinter exhaust with a few extra bits added in.

Not a fully detailed kit, but will get to the spark plug leads etc eventually.

Cheers Matt

• 1 year later...

Good wheel / tire combo to give it a nicely aggressive rake. Looks like that rear fender will have to be raised relative to the body, but it would be worth the effort. I personally think these always look better with the rounded-bottom hoods from the earlier cars. Great looking start. <_<

for me the rear fenders need to go , i think that was his plan and make inner wells to close the gap ..

ps the front axle positioning is perfect , its hard to create a real nice volksrod in 1:1 just google volksrod and you will find a lot of pictures of bugs without fenders ... those look horrible like they lost their fenders ..

only with the right front axle and stance it will look right .. these days you have ready kits for them ... but the front axle needs to go forward and it needs to be narrowed ... and your build here looks great already :)

Edited by crazyrichard