Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Pancho Villa" 32 Ford Sedan Rat Rod

John Teresi

John; I just got caught up on your Build, it is going great. I really like the unique details you have made for this build, like the cartridge belt, sombrerro wearing mustashed skull shift knob, suiside doors, mexican blanket sunroof and carpets. They all add up to a very unique Hot Rod!

CHEERS!

Tom

Another impressive build! Lot of cool little details and I love the way it started out with those really scary looking cuts on the body and how you've brought it this far so quickly! W9sh I could work so quickly and cleanly.

I would like to suggest reconsidering your tire choice. The lettering on those sidewalls seems out of scale and the painted whitewalls may be accentuating that aspect.

Hello......I hooked -up some brake line`s.......assembled the transmission.......hooked -up battery cables,shifter and gas pedal.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1290.jpg

hmmmmmm....positive ground charging system?....brake master cylinder on passenger side?....pesky frame crossmembers cut out to make room for drivetrain?

Edited by Keef

Walt.....I saw a picture of the gas pedal in a mag........and drew the foot on a piece of styrene and filed around the edges till I was happy with the shape of the foot......then I drilled a hole in the middle of the foot and filed the inside of the foot..... for a big enough opening for a backing plate......then I painted the foot alclad........ then I made a back side of the foot and added 3 pieces of wire to the back side of the foot......I painted it black and scraped the black off the wire......then glued it to the foot.......thank`s

John that sounds so simple, but it's such a great detail for this build.....Will be watching .

Even if you mounted a tail light on the carburetor it would come out better that anybody elses. Wait, does that mean when you hit the gas, the brakes would apply?

So, are you trying to say everyone else that posts here might as well stop posting because we will never be of the high standards of Mr. Teresi?? :huh::unsure::blink:

That's sure what it sounds like to me!

So, are you trying to say everyone else that posts here might as well stop posting because we will never be of the high standards of Mr. Teresi?? :huh::unsure::blink:

That's sure what it sounds like to me!

Even if you mounted a tail light on the carburetor it would look terrific. Wait, does that mean when you hit the gas, the brakes would apply?

Corrected for political correctness. It was not my intention to insult every model builder in the world.

Corrected for political correctness. It was not my intention to insult every model builder in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Insert emoticon indicating, "Nah, you didn't insult every model builder ... not every model builder ... maybe just ruffled one set of feathers" here.)

Edited by Danno

Hello......I hooked -up some brake line`s.......assembled the transmission.......hooked -up battery cables,shifter and gas pedal.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1291.jpg

DSCF1289.jpg

DSCF1287.jpg

DSCF1290.jpg

Really nice work John you sure are a master craftsman when you can take any subject and make it great. Can you explain how you tie in your brake lines on the chassic? Keep up the good work love your stuff.

John Pol

Hello...... this is a quick mock-up to show you were I am at.........I got the body painted......Rust-Oleum rattle can black lacquer.......my good friend Art Laski and Awesome modeler........ made the excellent "Pancho Villa", El General and "Loco Bandito" decals .......they came out great.......glass is installed and the body is not yet glued into place.... I need to wet sand the doors and visor and re-clear today......I build the engine tomorrow......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

DSCF1330.jpg

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg