Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Pancho Villa" 32 Ford Sedan Rat Rod

John Teresi

I get so inspired looking at your projects....I have this vision of a 59 Chevy El Cameno, narrowed and shortened and wheels outside of the body.....with a sklelton in a top hat and tails......coffin corner you say?

lanny yes...... this is the link and "Scaledetail" sells them......http://coffincorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?........let me know if this link comes trough to you.......thank`s

Hello.......just a small up-date today.......I got the wheels painted today......I will clear coat them tonight......I hand painted the white walls and gave them a light wash......I also made a 60`s style foot gas pedal.......I will paint the chassis tomorrow.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1205.jpg

DSCF1214.jpg

DSCF1215.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1208.jpg

Hello......I got the frame painted........front and rear suspension assembled ......I need to hook up the brake lines and master cylinder........did some work on the interior......I made a 60`s style gas pedal and a "Pancho" shift knob......wheels are assembled.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1278.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

Wow, this is really good looking build! I like that frame very much, it looks so realistic. Nice job with those wheels and tires too, and that shifter looks AMAZING! And that gas pedal is amazing too, I've ran out of superlatives when watching your work.

Ya' know what ?? I'm gonna apologize upfront here, but Chuck gave me an opening that I can't resist:

I'm just stoked to see John finally building a full-blown rat rod!

Now, we've just got to talk Romell into building one.

Now we've just got to talk Rom into finishing one !!

BAZINGA !! SNAAAAAP !! ZINGER !! My bad. I'm done now. Hi Rom :D:P:D

Seriously yes Rom. Build a Rat Rod

John, I love the carpet, I love the Pancho, I love the whole thing.

Edited by Batzilla

Ok John , I need a little how - to on making that gas pedal ...That is just toooooo cooool along with everything else.

Walt.....I saw a picture of the gas pedal in a mag........and drew the foot on a piece of styrene and filed around the edges till I was happy with the shape of the foot......then I drilled a hole in the middle of the foot and filed the inside of the foot..... for a big enough opening for a backing plate......then I painted the foot alclad........ then I made a back side of the foot and added 3 pieces of wire to the back side of the foot......I painted it black and scraped the black off the wire......then glued it to the foot.......thank`s

rear brake lines plumbed right into the rotor?....... :huh:

Keef.......actually it`s a brake drum backing plate........which should have been deeper into the wheel......so it looks like a rotor.....my mock-up got twisted......but,I could still be wrong?......it wouldn`t be the 1st,2nd.,3rd., 4th., 5th,. etc. time.......thank`s

Edited by John Teresi