Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan Skyline R32 racer

ShawnS

Hi all, This is Tamiya's R32 GroupA racer. It is the car that won the Bathurst 1000 in 1992 in the hands of Jim Richards and Mark Skaife. I made it many years ago. It has DMC decals and the wheels and tires are from Tamiya's PIAA Honda JTCC car.

p1030763e.jpg

p1030762i.jpg

p1030761x.jpg

p1030760z.jpg

p1030759w.jpg

p1030758k.jpg

It's painted withTamiya Italian red and has Sakatsu hood clips and modified Tamiya Ford Sierra mirrors.The DMC decals went on ok but there was some silvering in some areas. I count that as my fault for not removing the carrier film from the areas where it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

ShawnS

Ahh yes, i remember these, and all the hype. I also remember the mighty 5L VL and VNs breathing fire up there ass the whole time.

2013 is looking good though with a Chrysler 300c moving in with whatever nissan 4 door they will be making available over here.

Back on topic it looks great. You sure have some skills mate.

Thanks guys. The kit does have an engine. The engine block and transmission itself are nicely detailed but it lacks in so many areas that it makes you wonder why Tamiya even bothered to do it. There is also next to nothing in the engine bay to go along with it. I wasn't into engine details at the time so I glued the hood shut. Problem solved.

cheers

ShawnS