Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats you pride and joy model?

Austin T

Everyone has at least one,It's that kit that you take to every show,you explain everything about it to ayone who gets within a five foot radius.Here are my two.My Lotus Europa6849A9B1-vi.jpgAnd my most recent all night-er, my 1950 Chevrolet Texaco Truck44785146-vi.jpg

GEDC0786.jpg

GEDC0785.jpg

My Favourites, the '57 will be joined by a '97 TMP Squad before the fall shows, the Camaro will be retired this year. I have a few I've built recently I really like

Nick

Here's 2 that'll come with me this year.

GEDC1396.jpg

GEDC1489.jpg

Edited by Nick Winter

For some reason this has always been my favorite. It a simple build of the old '49 Ford kit where I scratchbuilt the roof lights. I cast the radio and siren box from old masters. The build was fun, the subject is near and dear to my heart, and it came out pretty good.

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

G

Really diverse and interesting group of models. Heres my favorite, I built this about 5 years ago and although my skills have improved since then this is still one of my favorites for a few reasons. First I was always a big fan of Dyno Don growing up near the Detroit Dragway.....Second I tried building this car as a kid and failed miserably.....And finally my first ever Best in Show award came with this build.

Thanks for looking,

Raisin

BestInShowColumbusGOODGUYS2007.jpg

P1015946.jpg

P1015950.jpg

im sure ive posted this one once or twice before but it my favorite

there were a lot of "firsts" in this build, first lowrider, first time making a custom decal, first time flipflopping a hood, first time at a 3 tone paint job, and im sure im missing a few more firsts ;)

IMG00334-20100327-2142.jpg

IMG00335-20100327-2143.jpg

IMG00341-20100327-2145.jpg

somehow it doesnt look anything like the picture :S

IMG00343-20100327-2147.jpg

Edited by diymirage

Ive shown both of these before. The ratty roadster is a favorite because it was the most modified model I completed since returning to the hobby in 2007. The coupe is a pride and joy because I love the vintage style and it has NO mistakes, at least that one can see!

DSCN0014-vi.jpg

DSCN0813-vi.jpg

After three years and many subsequent builds, this one always captures my eye when I go into my 'TOY ROOM'.

'35 Ford roadster custom rod....made from a stock '36 Ford

P1010125.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010124.jpg

That is Very Nice.... ;) Edited by XJ6