Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Camaro Z/28 - For Gearz Contest - Update 4/26/12

SuperStockAndy

Hey all, I'm entering the 1969 Camaro in the Revell Gearz contest. I'm trying many new things on this build, so far so good. :D

Almost finished chassis:

100_1581.jpg

Firewall (Complete with lettering :D ) :

100_1582.jpg

Almost finished engine:

100_1583.jpg

Almost finished interior:

100_1584.jpg

The biggest challenge is...I got the kit on April 8th and I have to have it done by May 15th :o

Paint is probably going to be Fathom Green with white stripes.

Thanks for looking :)

Andy I have seen the model that won last year and met the builder. You are gonna have to bring your "A" game on this one. Make sure your finish is flawless and above all, your photos are top notch. No matter how good your model is, if your pics don't show it off, your work will be for naught.

Good luck and it's looking great so far.

That is coming along very nicely and much better than I could do at 14! Take your time and it will be a model you can be proud of. Like Jantrix mentioned, make sure your photos are top notch as that is how the winners are judged.

I'd like to see this Camaro in Hugger Orange with black stripes. It's absolutely the best color combination on this. What kit are you using, I'd like to see the box art. Parts look pretty much the same than old Monogram kit. Great job with it so far, engine and chassis look very good. I like the interior also.

1969_CAMARO_HUGGER_ORANGE_X_11.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :)

Well, I got the body painted! (Sorry for dark photos...dark day in Indiana)

100_1586.jpg

Now, I can't decide on stripes. White, black, or none at all? I like it all three ways. I just can't decide. I'm learning towards no stripes, one less thing for me to screw up :lol:

Edited by SuperStockAndy

• 2 weeks later...