Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hmm, OK, tell me why?

I think those two bidders were just prancking each other and at the end the winner won't pay for the car. Besides this, I think no matter how much you want one of these kits youve got to use your brain and realize that you can buy for a lower price.

I think ya hit the nail on the head on that one.. ;):D

I think those two bidders were just prancking each other and at the end the winner won't pay for the car. Besides this, I think no matter how much you want one of these kits youve got to use your brain and realize that you can buy for a lower price.

I saved the seller, I am going to check in a week and see if its been relisted

Edited by martinfan5

I saved the seller, I am going to check in a week and see if its been relisted

Don't know if that'll be definitive. He might have more ... ^_^

If it was me, and two idiots were bidding against each other that deliriously ... I'd either dig out another kit and list it quick, or I'd offer the runner-up idiot a "second chance" to buy another kit for the same price! :P

B)

One time I ran across someone who had bought a large quantity of exotic cars (1/1) in on evening! It was some kid goofing around!

This kit is probably the same thing - two kids punking someone, although there was a bidder with 166 bids who was in it at $70.00!!!!????

I agree. I do not see the winning bidder actually paying. While it gets into an ethical situation that I don't want to delve into, I think e-bay should require that a credit-card get filed in order to sign-up, and this way if someone doesn't pay, they get charged on their credit card anyway. To do this, however, would require agreements between e-bay and the credit-card companies regarding chargebacks, and a good "review" committee to review any cases where someone says they didn't mean to bid like that and shouldn't have to pay. Sadly, I don't think e-bay has the ability to have a committee of that sort which could fairly judge those cases.

Stuff like that triggers my BS detector, which makes me suspect some "insider" bid boosting.

On the other hand, somewhere along the way, someone had set a very high maximum bid and one of the bidders went crazy with nearly a dozen consecutive bids (bidder n***s). He didn't get it.

Who knows maybe someone put their bid at 34 and added an extra 0

Actually you'd only raise your bid the minimum amount to outbid the previous bidder. So if you accidentally added and extra zero to a $34 bid, you'd have to be trying to out-bid $337.50.. or an amount close to that.

Edited by FASTBACK340

Ok, Ernest (the seller) wrote me back and said he could never get ahold of the person after the auction ended and he had to file a Non Paying Bidder alert to get his 30.00 in fees back.