Model Cars Magazine Forum

hmm i was thinking... ive been wanting to build people nascars just no cash or nascar kits so heres what im thinking... if you want a nascar built i c

modelcarmaster

Guys, don't be too hard on Jesse, he is just 13, I have met him a few times and seen some of his work and he has been into my shop a few times. Yes there are lots he can improve on, but he is just young and will learn.

He had some kits at our local show this past weekend, here is one you guys can appreciated I am sure:

IMG_8219-vi.jpg

IMG_8220-vi.jpg

Edited by Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Nice work from a 13 year old! A lot of the shows I have attended have NASCAR models for $5 and even cheaper near the end of the show. Seems a lot of builders don't want to build the old ones any more and just want to clear out their collections. Maybe you could get an adult to take you to a near by show if you keep your eye on the schedule. The local hobby store is a good place to start. Sounds like you are already half way there. Good luck and don't get discouraged.

He has a LONG way to go before he should even THINK of charging ( :blink: ) to build a model for someone

Don't be such a downer man Jesse never said anything about charging people dude. He is just a 13 year old kid man that wants to build models & there's not many of them around these days man.

Very supportive attitude, David <_< .

Jesse builds nicely, better than I did when I was 13. If he wants to build cars for other people, why not? Especially if Jesse is not charging anyone. I think this kind of "service" is very good to have, some people want a model of their favorite car, but they can't do it theirselves. This kind of service is good for that.

Go On, Jesse! Your builds look good already, keep them coming and you'll get better all the time.

And No, this is not an personal attack to David, just my opinion. :rolleyes:

I was going to edit some of the comments, (ie: delete/hide), but then I thought about it.

I will leave them up, but I will add my two cents.

I have a quote from someone here on the forum (sorry, I can't remember who it was from, please email me), that said this:

"Any model built by a kid/youngster is a great model"

I think that sums the attitude that we all should have.

And enforce it, push it, and make it part of our mantra.

I have some projects going on that expand on this, with the help of some members here, and that will hopefully bring a lot more young builders into our hobby.

Imagine how you would have felt, say back in the '60s or '70s when you started building models, and some older person told you your models weren't good enough.

Would you have continued building models?

I for one am not part of the younger-start model builders.

I got into this hobby after my second back surgery, as a form of therapy.

I didn't build model cars when I was younger, although I did build a few airplanes to blow up on Fourth Of July!

Think about what you say before you say it (or type it).

You never know what type of influence you may have on someone by negative comments.

You can't unring a bell.

Okay, I pau....

Nice work from a 13 year old! A lot of the shows I have attended have NASCAR models for $5 and even cheaper near the end of the show. Seems a lot of builders don't want to build the old ones any more and just want to clear out their collections. Maybe you could get an adult to take you to a near by show if you keep your eye on the schedule. The local hobby store is a good place to start. Sounds like you are already half way there. Good luck and don't get discouraged.

I bought one for $2 dollars at a local flea market.Revellogram 1997 Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo , had decals and everything except the engine(oh well)