Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP - 1973 Trans Am

AAAAHHHHH............One of my favorite era Trans Ams out of the '70's! I can still remember being in the 5th grade in '70 when my teacher gave me a ride home in her brand new '71 Trans Am! And she could drive that thing too as she was slicing through those gears like a racer!! 8)

Needless to say she would forever be my favorite teacher! Hers was red (with white stripe) just like the one you have of course sans the wheels and tires on yours.:(

Yours looks BEEEEEYOOOOOTIFUL Mark!!

I have two of the '71 kits..........a pristine unbuilt one I got off the 'Bay. And a very restorable one which is the one I want to bring back to life someday.

I have a restorable '71 Formula, which is in line for a restoration. I plan on Red with White/Black interior, honeycombs on polyglas white letters, and maybe a better detailed chassis/underhood area, utilizing the AMT Camaro kit parts, and the Revell '68 Firebird driveline. I plan to get some good photos at GM at Carlisle next week.

• 5 years later...