Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Nomad

Alba

I'm kind of getting back into doing model cars ... I've built a few recently and I'm working on improving my skill. Unfortunately I wasn't gifted with the steadiest of hands so it's proving to be a little bit difficult getting good detail but I'm working on it. Here are a few pictures of my Nomad in progress.

12c57aa5.jpg

885de9ae.jpg

9df54105.jpg

Here are a few pics of the body. The paint didn't come out all that great as it was sprayed with a rattle can, but once the trim is finished I think it'll really make the body look great.

25576781.jpg

672856b0.jpg

Some paint issues (orange peel) can be fixed by using heat to make the paint flow out better. Several folks on here use food dehydrators to get better results, and I've even seen some low budget attempts (40W bulb in a cardboard box) that worked for the builder.

How fresh is that paint and what issues are you having with it?

That paint was pretty fresh ... I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it ... and now that's it's dried even more it looks pretty decent. It's no show piece but once it's done it'll look good ... plus I'm going for more of the "hot rod" look so I think it'll work out ok.

A little update to the Nomad:

8023529a.jpg

It's not actually all glued together, but just a test fit of the body and to see how it looks. First time really using the Bare Metal Foil. A little wrinkly but I think it came out ok.