Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Bill.......amazing.......totally amazing!!!!!!

thanks man, you know I appreciate it!

Totally awe inspiring...wow!

thank you Tony

Hi Bill, Wonderful stuff my friend !!! Thanks for the info on making rubber boots, gotta steal that one :D:D

Think I'll go drool in the corner !!

Randy

hey Randy thanks for checkin on things, you need to get that soldering iron fired up!!

Totally incredible. You sure you weren't an engineer in a former life? Maybe an alien engineer?

if I was I sure don't remember it Brad, oh wait maybe that was the 80's I don't remember :huh:

Again...wow!

again thanks Tony lol

I feel like I should say something......its just so unreal how real it looks......I'm once again amazed, at the skill you have. The tough part is trying these techniques for myself. This is actually encouraging me to push myself. Keep up the fantastic work!

I am definitely pushing myself Paul, new territory for me! thanks

1/25th. scale Zerk fittings........ I don't think I've ever had that thought in my mind. Ever. I mean, in my totall recall of anything I've ever read, said, or thought of, I can say with all honesty I've never experienced those numerals and characers stringed together to form those words:

1/25th. scale Zerk fittings.......wow.

lmao, now thats funny John, you just made my day :lol:

:o Im pretty sure real car suspensions dont even look that good.

thanks Jake

Ingenious on how you made the rubber boots!!! That steering assembly is killer done. :)

I appreciate that Kevin

Speechless! ;)

thank you Jose

So let me get this straight. When you turn the steering shaft, the wheels steer? If that's the case, then, you, my friend, are a machining genius.

thats the idea Brad, I don't know if you can get your fingers in to turn the steering wheel, but it will turn when you move the wheels (hopefully)

I was going to say the same thing, but with something other than machining before the word genius..... ;)

LOL thanks man!

Geez Bill. Just when I think it can't get any better, it DOES!! Really inspiring work man!

I appreciate that Chris

I quit.....

oh don't do that Luis, thanks for looking

hello bill i have just now seen this project and i must say i´am very impressed...

regards maik

thanks so much Maik

"it seems to work pretty good somehow." I'll say ! Fantastic work Mr Davis.

hey Dave , thanks bro!

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How much for one of your engines Bill I want one so bad

well Gregg I wouldn't know what to charge for one if I had the time to make it, I have got about 3 and a half months in this one, guess I couldn't charge by the hour? thanks

turned a piece on the lathe the shape of the boot and dipped it in liquid electrical tape, they are real rubber boots, I will add clamps once the tie rods are in it, thanks buddy

Just one question, where do you get liquid electric tape?

just about any where Paul, thanks for keeping up on the progress

Just read through 55 pages of this thread. All I can say is your work is amazing. If you ever move to Washington and need a job just ask. :D

thanks so much Ken, I will keep that in mind if I move to Washington :)

coooooooooooool

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks Val !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally made a little more progress, haven't been hitting it real hard, got the front yoke, both (working) U-joints, and the drive shaft made, thinking about adding carbon fiber to the drive shaft, if so I will remove the welds

IMG_1577-vi.jpgIMG_1581-vi.jpgIMG_1582-vi.jpgIMG_1579-vi.jpgIMG_1578-vi.jpg

thanks for checkin on the progress

Edited by vintagedragfan

Hey buddy, we all knew you'd knock this one out of the park, but, my God, Bill, this is getting serious.

BTW, I'd stick with the billuminum shaft over the carbon fiber. The welds look too cool to remove.

you make good stuff

Edited by Alyn

Hey buddy, we all knew you'd knock this one out of the park, but, my God, Bill, this is getting serious.

BTW, I'd stick with the billuminum shaft over the carbon fiber. The welds look too cool to remove.

you making good stuff

Dont think any of us could have said it better