Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bigfoot 20.............this could be brain shattering!

Monster truck, pulling trucks don't use planetary hubs. The extra wheel speed of higher gearing is good for the way they run now.

I was referring to pull sled racing.

I just don't see it happening with the needs of those trucks, without a bunch if gear reduction and stupid high rpm, more so then turbin engines.

I guess the sled they pull could be their own battery pack, wouldn't that be crazy. Like 30k volts running 3 giant motors. With zoomies bolted to the sides, ...for cooling of coarse.

I was referring to pull sled racing.

I just don't see it happening with the needs of those trucks, without a bunch if gear reduction and stupid high rpm, more so then turbin engines.

I guess the sled they pull could be their own battery pack, wouldn't that be crazy. Like 30k volts running 3 giant motors. With zoomies bolted to the sides, ...for cooling of coarse.

Yeah, I don't see it for a pulling truck.

• 2 weeks later...

As a casual fan of this type of Motor Racing this has one outstanding human benefit not mentioned. Ever notice how many kids wear ear protection, if this cliks it will be a kid safe form of Motor Racing. Ever been to a NASCAR Sprint Race, LOUD OR WHAT !!!!