Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby up to 65% off

For any of you airbrushers that like to mix your own paints, Hobby Lobby currently has 25% off all Mediums with another coupon of 40% off one item. So you could get a bigger bottle of Airbrush medium for 65% off and 25% off any other mediums or finishes you want. Just a FYI in case anyone wasnt aware of and wanted to utilize this opportunity.

Probably depends on your checkout person. I"ve had some that kept a copy of the 40% off coupon at their register and would scan it for you if you asked. If you don"t get the Sunday paper and have a smart phone you can pull up the coupon from your phone at the register.

ive used it on sale items before, they never once told me anything.

I have a coupon right here in front of me. It clearly says you can only used it on one regular-priced item. If you've been getting 40% off on an item that's already on sale anyway, the cashier was wrong to give it to you. Not that it's a bad thing... ;) , but it's not how the coupon is supposed to work.

I asked the manager here and he said if you bring up a sale item and give them the 40% off coupon the cashier is supposed to tell you that you cannot use it on a sale item unless you want to pay full price for the item with the 40% off..

If they don't and ring it up the computer usually will automatically take 40% off the "regular" price, not the sale price as that would take a manager override to do! If not it will not remove the 40% and will tell the cashier "sale item".

A lot of people assume they got 40% off the sale price because they don't really check the receipt.

I asked the manager here and he said if you bring up a sale item and give them the 40% off coupon the cashier is supposed to tell you that you cannot use it on a sale item unless you want to pay full price for the item with the 40% off..

If they don't and ring it up the computer usually will automatically take 40% off the "regular" price, not the sale price as that would take a manager override to do! If not it will not remove the 40% and will tell the cashier "sale item".

A lot of people assume they got 40% off the sale price because they don't really check the receipt.

Good point.

the cashier types in the price. the register has no clue what the sale price or regular price is. you basically pay what the cashier reads on the price tag and then they use the register to take the 40% off and add the tax. the register is basically used as a calculator and money holder.

the cashier types in the price. the register has no clue what the sale price or regular price is. you basically pay what the cashier reads on the price tag and then they use the register to take the 40% off and add the tax. the register is basically used as a calculator and money holder.

Thats how the stores are all set up here in the Valley, the registers are not computers, just plain old cash registers

Thats kind of like your only supposed to be able to use the 40% off coupon once. The other weekend my daughter and I went in to Hobby Lobby. We both had a 40% off coupon. I paid for my items, closed the transaction then she went through to pay for hers. The manager was running the register, she entered MY coupon code I had TWO times for me and my daughter and left her keep hers that she could go get something else and come back through using her coupon the second time. So we got three items at 40% off. It all depends on the cashier you get and the mood of the cashier at the time you check out. Ive had this at Michaels before as well.

Thats how the stores are all set up here in the Valley, the registers are not computers, just plain old cash registers

ALL major retailers run their cash registers through the data base! Just how it is in this day of not warehousing stock in store!

The computer has all price changes in it and the non sale prices. Computers are programed to catch those types of mistakes.

Been involved retail in recent years enough to know how it work.

Plus it helps to talk to a manager now and then. Which I have!

Thats kind of like your only supposed to be able to use the 40% off coupon once. The other weekend my daughter and I went in to Hobby Lobby. We both had a 40% off coupon. I paid for my items, closed the transaction then she went through to pay for hers. The manager was running the register, she entered MY coupon code I had TWO times for me and my daughter and left her keep hers that she could go get something else and come back through using her coupon the second time. So we got three items at 40% off. It all depends on the cashier you get and the mood of the cashier at the time you check out. Ive had this at Michaels before as well.

That is an intirely different thing and as long as you have a code that is all they want. Heck, rather that waste a whole sheet of paper for two 40% off coupons I fill the whole page and hand them out to people in the store if they don't have one already! ;)

ALL major retailers run their cash registers through the data base! Just how it is in this day of not warehousing stock in store!

The computer has all price changes in it and the non sale prices. Computers are programed to catch those types of mistakes.

Been involved retail in recent years enough to know how it work.

Plus it helps to talk to a manager now and then. Which I have!

hobby lobby registers are not set up with a database. they dont use barcodes. the cashiers only know the price when it has a sticker on it. the only sales they know about is the newspaper ad they have plastered to the registers booth. Edited by bad0210

hobby lobby registers are not set up with a database. they dont use barcodes. the cashiers only know the price when it has a sticker on it. the only sales they know about is the newspaper ad they have plastered to the registers booth.

They use regular cash registers, plain and simple

I sure they punch in the department code with the price

hobby lobby registers are not set up with a database. they dont use barcodes. the cashiers only know the price when it has a sticker on it. the only sales they know about is the newspaper ad they have plastered to the registers booth.

Which is great for us consumers until the person in front of you REALLY wants that picture frame but somehow managed to get the last one and the price tag is missing, resulting in a long wait at the only open register!

If they ever go to scanning barcodes, it will mean the end of great deals as I have lucked out a few times with current kits having clearance tags and getting them for 50% off, sometimes more!

Which is great for us consumers until the person in front of you REALLY wants that picture frame but somehow managed to get the last one and the price tag is missing, resulting in a long wait at the only open register!

If they ever go to scanning barcodes, it will mean the end of great deals as I have lucked out a few times with current kits having clearance tags and getting them for 50% off, sometimes more!

same here. ive scored lots of good deals. especially when the price on the sticker was wrong. i found a diamond reo for $15 when it should of been $36. im not gonna complain.lol

i am with kool kat here in the case of being given too much change back or being overtly undercharged for something, i always return it or at least point it out, but when something is "mismarked" in a store i think that is fair game. for one thing, as a retail store, they should know what they are doing in their pricing and inventory control and for another there are often reasons behind "mismarking"...like they got a real special price on one crate of something and those items are legitimately priced less than the rest of the same inventory, maybe a bit of a scratch or dent in the packaging, and a myriad of other reasons. the introduction of scanning equipment doesnt really change the equation too much, there are probably as many errors in scanning equipment price lists as there ever were with clerks accidently mismarking something.

I have never did anything out of the unnormal. Anything Ive ever done in Hobby Lobby with a coupon was at the mercy of the manager that rings me out. I know the manager and go through her line constantly. So theres no need to be accusing anyone of doing anything wrong or illegal. If the manager allows you to use two coupons (which the 25% is automatically given) with the second being the 40% off store coupon then I guess Shame on them. I simply hand the cashier my items, coupons and tender at the time its asked for. She gives me my change, bag and receit. I see no harm in that. If there was something "illegal" or "deceitful" going on Im sure the manager would be sure to bring to my attention.