Youthfullness

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Am i the only one under 16 on this? Haha hit this up if your 16 or under.

Posted · Report post

Well im sorry

Posted · Report post

Age is only a number... and I have a granddaughter who's getting w-a-y too close to 16! :(

Posted · Report post

Welcome Nick, ignore dodger's comment, some are a bit anal retentive. I'm not under 16, lol, but wanted to welcome you. Hope we see some of your builds. Is your avatar you and your girlfriend?

Posted · Report post

Welcome Nick, ignore dodger's comment,

No Nick, don't ignore dodger's comment. Using the language correctly is imperative for success in life. No one will hire you for any sort of job if your resume is full of grammatical and spelling errors. NO ONE!

In spite of what you see in popular culture and on your smart phone, spelling is important.

Now, welcome to the forum and let's see some models! :lol:

Posted · Report post

Not under 16, but I've been on forums (not this one in particular) since I was.

Don't worry too much about the spelling thing, yes it's important, but a typo here and there is understandable. We're human after all, right?

Posted · Report post

We have quite a few folks here in their teens. And some that aren't but still act like it, myself included. In either case you are in good company here.

Excellent point Drew.

Posted · Report post

I'm 16 and build models,there are quite a few of us middle/high school age kids on here.

Posted · Report post

If I look at pictures (even though all yellowed and cracking) I can sorta remember being a teenager.

Posted (edited) · Report post

And some will alway's be ignorant.

Who could let this pass? It's always - no apostrophe needed unless you are abbreviating or showing ownership ;)

Welcome to the spelling and grammar/model car forum! There are some pretty talented young builders here - myself not included.

Edited by Erik Smith

Posted · Report post

Welcome Nick, ignore dodger's comment, some are a bit anal retentive. I'm not under 16, lol, but wanted to welcome you. Hope we see some of your builds. Is your avatar you and your girlfriend?

haha yes and they are out there if you are interested

Posted · Report post

No Nick, don't ignore dodger's comment. Using the language correctly is imperative for success in life. No one will hire you for any sort of job if your resume is full of grammatical and spelling errors. NO ONE!

In spite of what you see in popular culture and on your smart phone, spelling is important.

Amen, Drew! :)

As an aside, I'm surprised Danny missed the first most glaring error: 'Youthfullness' is correctly spelled "youthfulness." :o

Welcome, Nick. Take the commentaries as opportunities to learn, not reasons to burn. You'll go farther and get farther that way. ;)

Posted · Report post

im 17 !! and welcome to the funny farm/ form lol gotta love this form .you will find all kinds of tips and new friends on here!!!

Posted · Report post

Hahaha ill be watching my spelling more. Lol.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not under 16, but I've been on forums (not this one in particular) since I was.

Don't worry too much about the spelling thing, yes it's important, but a typo here and there is understandable. We're human after all, right?

That is precisely my point. A mistake or two is fine. I do not like the text shortcuts that some use, but a spelling and puntuation mistake on occasion is ok. And, mr. dodger, I unlike you state am not ignorant, I just want to cut him some slack, which is more than I have seen some do here. Edited by midnightprowler

Posted · Report post

Yer prolly rite :rolleyes::lol::P

Posted · Report post

puntuation

sic

Posted · Report post

Take the commentaries as opportunities to learn, not reasons to burn. You'll go farther and get farther that way. ;)

Or would that be further? Farther would be a physical spacial distance. Further would be a figurative distance, as in, further in life... unless he ends up in Botswana. That would be pretty far. :)

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Someone's hired me and I can't spelt.

Posted · Report post

Or would that be further? Further would be a figurative distance, as in, further in life... :)

bus212.jpg

Further could also be Ken Keseys bus..... :lol::P

Posted · Report post

I'm 15 and have been on this forum since i was 13

Posted · Report post

I think the funniest posts are those that are correcting someone else's spelling... and they have misspelled words in them! :lol:

Posted · Report post

bus212.jpg

Further could also be Ken Keseys bus..... :lol::P

Well now there's an enigma. Ken Kesey's bus could be both at the same time.

Posted · Report post

Who could let this pass? It's always - no apostrophe needed unless you are abbreviating or showing ownership ;)

Welcome to the spelling and grammar/model car forum! There are some pretty talented young builders here - myself not included.

lol