Model Cars Magazine Forum

surf wagon

captin

Thanks Stephen, I've had this model kit laying around for a couple of months and have been putting it off cause i wasn't sure what i wanted to do with it. i finally got and idea of what i wanna go for after looking at the box and the instructions for a month lol . ill keep you updated.

Little update... just got all of the suspension put together. all of it was chrome so i decided to use 5 min. opoxi to glue it all together to i have a nice sturdy suspension. i plan on weathering the chrome a little bit as well.

post-10375-0-33830400-1364657316_thumb.j

Here is a little update on the surf wagon... i scratched built a roof rack for the surf boards still have a little work to do on them yet. Then i found the color the body is going to be i knew i wanted blue but wasn't sure witch color. hope you like.

post-10375-0-35817100-1365130485_thumb.j

post-10375-0-60576400-1365130531_thumb.j

I like it very much! Are you planning on doing any weathering to the body or will it be shiny? I'm sure it will look great either way. Instead of using the kit hinge pins you may think about doing some in brass rod to stiffen them up. Otherwise the doors may sag.

Later-

Thanks Tom, well when i began this kit i origanly wanted it weathered with a flat finish but when i got done spraying the body it went on so nicely that now im not sure if i want it shiny or flat finish and weathered.

Little update on the surf wagon. painted the frame flat black and the suspension flat aluminum and painted the firewall flat black. i plan on weathering it by misting some sand color on there and put some real sand on there as well. hope you like...

post-10375-0-57558300-1365554813_thumb.j

post-10375-0-57367800-1365554878_thumb.j

post-10375-0-22124500-1365554938_thumb.j