Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today...for someone else?

LDO

'tis better to give than to receive. What are you giving?

This is my one big gift. It's for Mom.

sous_vide_machine.jpg

It's a sous vide cooker. Mom watches Iron Chef and lots of other cooking shows. She would love to try this cooking method. I have seen temp controllers for slow cookers, but they only work for slow cookers with manual controls, and hers is digital. I splurged and got her this. There's a sale; it comes with a vacuum bagger.

If you have not heard of these, they are also referred to as immersion heaters. Food gets sealed in a vacuum bag and cooked slowly, at low temps, in water held at a precise temp.

Edited by LDO

Going to set my daughters BF up with a Cessna Plane kit, and the supplies to build it. if he gets this done, then I'll give him a car kit or two.

For my wife I got here a I-Pad she wanted.

The daughter is getting a replica build of a Karmen Ghia from the Pertty in Pink movie. It's a Gunze kit.

Just learned yesterday of a giving tree for Senior Citizens. You pick a name with what they want and get it for them. I mentioned it to the wife, and we agreed that we will participate in this endevor. Yes I am also getting up into that age bracket, but still have family. I told my kids this year not to get us(wife, and me) anything but to get for each other instead.

Over the last few week I ave gotten a 10 Gallon fish tank going for the kid ( Ok he is not a kid anymore) next door. He has MD . He is not able to do anything himself so I am helping him with this. This kid has a great outlook given the outcome . He just lost his 16.5 year old dog so the fish make him happy. And that is worth every penny to me.