Model Cars Magazine Forum

Music

chevyfever2009

I'm firmly a hard rock fan as well. Guitar Gods were the ones I worshipped, Jeff Beck,Jimi, Stevie Ray. And recently deceased guys Gary Moore, Alvin Lee, RIP Men.

That being said, never having been dubbed guitar gods, no one could compare with Skynyrd's guitarist..Gary Rossington's les paul, Allen Collin's screaming firebird, and the addition later of Steve Gaines'. Oh Buddy!!

I saw them live in August of 1977, who could have know of the tragedy just 2 short months later. Anyway here's one of their best..enjoy!

Edited by madhorseman

I'm firmly a hard rock fan as well. Guitar Gods were the ones I worshipped, Jeff Beck,Jimi, Stevie Ray. And recently deceased guys Gary Moore, Alvin Lee, RIP Men.

Granted, most of these players were a terror back in the day, but have you checked out todays cutting-edge guitarists? If you play guitar and want nightmares check out John 5 on youtube. I had the pleasure of seeing him a few years back and he has only gotten more insane since…… :blink:

Beach Boys - Help me ronda

Michael Been - World on fire ( that early 90s sound )

And this 1960's music that nobody knows about and nobody will probably listen to from here, but seriously i wish this stuff would get out there.

Edited by Nxr

A talented singer who wastes her talent on teen idol stuff.

But I have to say she is very easy on the eyes... ^_^

Can't argue too much with that. I will admit that I do like "Firework." The video for it is rather spectacular and I like the message of the song. I've even been able to use its basic theme a couple of times with kids at school- let your inner rock star out in whatever it is you're engaged in.

Charlie Larkin

Big band, jazz, classical, oldies, new and old country, an occasional modern pop or rap song comes along I like, adult album contemporary-type music is something I like too. I've really been getting into funk jazz and funk r n'b the last couple of years, and yes, I'll even admit to liking a lot of its offshoot- disco, which isn't all as bad as most people think. Again, from a techncial standpoint, there were some absolutely first-rate musicians doing that stuff, Chic being a great example, in addition to their disco work, they were a very highly-acclaimed funk jazz group.

There's something out there for almost everyone. It really disturbed me when I was subbing a music class about a year ago, that were kids that actually said "I hate music!"

That really worried me. Even if it's the vapid pop we're getting now, listen to something, kids, please.

Charlie Larkin

I like everything rock n roll from Elvis to Nirvana although The Beatles are #1 with me. I watched them on Ed Sullivan when they first came here & have been hooked ever since. I collect anything connected with them that I can afford. To NXR, I'm a big Electric Prunes fan. I was in a group in the mid-late 60's & we named ourselves The Hydraulic Banana as a take on the Electric Prunes.

Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett's "Waving My Arms in the Air" from "Barrett" (1970) .

"Barrett" was his last complete album ; "The Madcap Laughs" precedes it from 1969 . A 3rd album's recording was aborted when Syd stopped playing all together .

The Pontiac Bonneville was Syd's, he swapped it for something or other and sadly it didn't work so he never drove it! I had some friends who knew his family. Long after his last recording, they were talking about Syd and the phone rang. It was Syd, he thought they'd called him and wondered what they wanted...

Great loss.

post-12614-0-20585300-1392817027_thumb.j

Edited by DonW

Granted, most of these players were a terror back in the day, but have you checked out todays cutting-edge guitarists? If you play guitar and want nightmares check out John 5 on youtube. I had the pleasure of seeing him a few years back and he has only gotten more insane since…… :blink:

I wiil check into it John. And if You are not familiar with Adrian Belew, check him out on Youtube as well.

One of the greatest pieces ever recorded . This one's from White Light / White Heat (1967) . Words by Lou Reed (1942-2013) ; reading by John Daevies Cale (1942- ) , delivered in his sonourous Cymraeg accent .

One channel is the instrumental ( based on "Booker T." ) ; the other channel is the vocals .

my musical taste spreads across allot of different genres

classic rock/pop

beatles

jim croce

the monkees

cream

the yardbirds

some led zeppelin

BLACK SABBATH w/ozzy

black sabbath w/ ronnie james dio (rip)

j geils band

the james gang

fleetwood mac

eric clapton

SRV and double trouble

and many more .

newer music

Pantera (favorite band )

old metallica

megadeth

slayer

anthrax

mastadon

lamb of god

mushroomhead

tenafly viper

korn

avenged sevenfold

five finger death punch

stone sour

slipknot

motograter

august burns red

flogging molly

dropkick murphys

gwar

lordi

and many more

country

garth brooks

alan jackson

david allan coe

waylon jennings

rap

2pac

biggie

jay z

eminem

mgk

T.I

chamillionaire

bone thugs

public enemy

snopp dogg

N.W.A

I like just about everything except boy bands and 90% of bluegrass and country. I'm sure there is some weird garbage (from my perspective) in there somewhere else I don't like but, I haven't found much of it. Two bands I must mention really liking are local. One is a defunked group from the 90s called Flat Mary Stone, and the other is a band called Downtrend. Although, I liked Downtrend best with their original lead singer. And looking above on this page, I like every single non country artist Adam See has on his list.

On a side note:

I went to a car stereo competition once where I competed in sound quality 151-300 watt class. The chosen material by the judges was electronic bagpipe music. I actually kind of liked it. I also liked it almost as much as the looks I got from everyone when I started playing "Rough Boy" by ZZ Top. That song has a great bass line.

Edited by Skydime