Model Cars Magazine Forum

firebird pro stock chassis and motor

booboo60

Here is what ive been working on last week or do, its a Firebird pro stock chassis and engine I'm doing for a customer from Alabama. Coming along nice, just trying to figure out how to plumb and wire the NOS bottles to the Dual Carbs to make them look sorts real, need a cpl ref pics? Any help guys? post-4363-0-21113700-1398463371_thumb.jppost-4363-0-27589200-1398463443_thumb.jppost-4363-0-63964500-1398463492_thumb.jppost-4363-0-08346100-1398463536_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Shift13: Man that's beautiful work - not just the NOS but Hogan's welding and awesome detail work. Pretty much all systems are plumbed like this nowaways, right Comp? Having extra fuel added via a nozzle right beside the NOS nozzle put the two together in a mist I believe and creates better atomization (less risk of NOS boom-boom).

As I remember, my tank only had a braided steel line attached and a open/close valve. Pro mods in the 70's/80's still used access hatches to open and close the valves. However, technology has allowed the creation of remote valve openers, so you'll need some type of power wiring to the tank also IMO.

Per Ds98: Tyrone or Clay are great for authentication. I save used chrome parts trees for selonoids like this and the blue/red anodized fuel/NOS blocks I make from Evergreen Styrene. I paint them once with Tamiya flat alum and then Tamiya clear red or clear blue. As for the line on the engine, for that straight, tight appearance I've used either alum wire from Teds (about .018 to .020) or try buying a set of electric guitar strings, guage .56 (low E string) to .014 (high E). These are usually sold for "drop tuned" modern guitar bands like Tool or Korn. Hey, I don't listen to 'em, I just know what works B)

Great build and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...