Model Cars Magazine Forum

Handler,or.....Frankenpony?

madhorseman

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. The reason I refer to it as Frankenpony is, well if you have ever seen the Revell Monroe Handler kit then you know how simplified it is. So to put it together to my liking I went outside of the kit box. the only item from the Monroe kit is the decal sheet. The body and associated parts are from the Revell California Cobra which is molded in white. The front seats, steering wheel, and front grill parking lights are from an AMT '77 Mustang kit. Engine and trans,driveshaft out of an AMT Nascar Thunderbird box. AMT '68 Shelby GT500 kit gave up the exhaust system. For the interior tub, chassis, and tail lights, I went to an MPC '77 Mustang kit. My Handler now uses wheels, and the rear shocks and mounts from the Revell '69 Shelby, the tires are American Satco's. So there you have: Frankenpony. Thanks again for taking the time to check it, and for the comments.