Model Cars Magazine Forum

color Recommendations

So I'm building a beetle for my wife. Well I told her i'd paint it the color she wished (mistake) she says "I want a pastel yellow" #1. I am color blind and she knows it. #2. I wouldn't. Know what a pastel yellow looked like if it bit me in the donkey. So I am looking for color choices from people who can see color. Btw asking her has lead to a lot of head scratching lol.

Testors "Bug Yellow" in aerosol can is a pastel yellow. Another possibility is Rust-oleum "Gloss Warm Yellow", in a spray can also. It's even lighter yellow than the Testors. I've had good luck with both colors, but both will need gloss coats.

To me, pastel yellow is a bright yellow with white added to it. The white tones down the brightness, and lightens the yellow. Ford's "Phoenician Yellow" is an extreme example of pastel yellow (and it's also available in Testors spray). Good luck!

Edited by berr13

Pastel colors are soft colors, so bright yellow may not be what she's asking for. A butter yellow might please her. If you airbrush, Testors Light Yellow SKU# 1112TT could make a nice pastel yellow. Even more so if you softened it with a touch of white mixed.

post-7490-0-53830900-1404447926.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

Dave...go to automotivetouchup.com and have her go through it and pick the color she wants. Enter the make, model and year and you'll get actual factory colors.

Maybe she'd like 1967 Chevy Butternut yellow. Always a nice look!

D

• 2 weeks later...