Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 458 China Edition

janositamas

Hi Guys,
I think some of you know this special edition of the 458 Italia, which Ferrari made to celebrate its 20 years in China.
The color is called "Marco Polo" red, and has the dragon-horse livery also with some gold and black additions, gold rims. There is only 20 built, so I got the feeling to desperately build one. As I couldn't find any paint codes of the red mentioned above I decided to go with the Scalefinishes Rosso Fuoco, which is a 2 layer paint - not perfect but the best I could get. As for the decals, a really good friend of mine called Mate gave me a helping hand - and a printer and made the custom decals for me. Many thanks for him! It was topped with 2k clear, interior is all black except for some carbon and clear red over carbon effect like the original. I used the Revell kit with the Fujimi rims and HobbyDesign PE parts. So guys, again, not the perfect match, but I couldn't resist to build one not to miss from my Ferrari collection, here are the pics:

Some more pics:

Thanks for watching!
Edited by janositamas

Thanks guys :-)

Byron, the road section and guard rail is an Italeri set made for truck I guess, this is it, hope you find it useful:

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2015

Cool thanks man!! Come to think of it I'm remember the name of this. But looking at yours I thought it was something different, u did a nice job on it and the car. Edited by Byron5150

I wasn't even aware of this edition, but Ferrari just flat nailed it. I love that paint combination & I'm glad you were able to find an acceptable substitute so you could finish this build accurately. Very nicely done.