Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius New trucks......KW, Peterbilt.....others? New trailer?

checked out the Peterbuilt wrecker at the LHS yesterday, Nice looking model, at $89.00 can anyone give me a reason to not buy one?

Compared to the asking price for the original first run of kit, yeah, $89 is a great price for it .

Or you could buy it from a online vendor right now for $79.95 and can use a free shipping coupon.

I agree with Ben. Also a W900LS would be awesome to.

I think a day cab parts pack, maybe with short wheelbase frame rails, for the internationals would sell too.

That model doesn't exist. Also, Dave has said they only have the license to International. So obviously that includes Peterbilt, KW and Mack.

I don't think some know the first thing about trademarks and copy-write laws. Some modelers are so use to buying bootleg model parts, they think selling an authorized model kit is just as easy as casting (stealing) someone else's work and selling it.

I don't think some know the first thing about trademarks and copy-write laws. Some modelers are so use to buying bootleg model parts, they think selling an authorized model kit is just as easy as casting (stealing) someone else's work and selling it.

I don't know many aftermarket companies who 100% master parts and don't at least have a bit of stuff in their range that started life as say and amt ertl part (camel back mack suspensions comes to mind). Aftermarket engine kits as well.

Dave, i dont know if you know of my involvement in the model truck hobby but I have been a major player for many years now so I have a very good grasp on what would sell well. I would be willing to bet that if Moebius were to produce a kit, an accurate kit of a Peterbilt 379, it would end up being the best selling model truck kit ever produced, hands down!

I agree. There would be big interest in the USA/Canada for a pete 379, but it would sell fairly well in Australia in Europe. I really would like a Mack, but I'm content at the moment to play with the Prostar till the K200 Kenworth comes out next year. The Europeans on the Facebook pages seem to model australian trucks a lot as well so time will tell about the K200 and drake low loader being good sellers. By the looks of the auslowe Facebook page a lot of people (me included) have preordered.

Ben G.

I don't know many aftermarket companies who 100% master parts and don't at least have a bit of stuff in their range that started life as say and amt ertl part (camel back mack suspensions comes to mind). Aftermarket engine kits as well.

I agree. There would be big interest in the USA/Canada for a pete 379, but it would sell fairly well in Australia in Europe. I really would like a Mack, but I'm content at the moment to play with the Prostar till the K200 Kenworth comes out next year. The Europeans on the Facebook pages seem to model australian trucks a lot as well so time will tell about the K200 and drake low loader being good sellers. By the looks of the auslowe Facebook page a lot of people (me included) have preordered.

Ben G.

Hi Ben, I wish I could have caught you before you ordered your kits from Drake. I have applied to be a retailer for their products and my intention is to sell their kits for a little less than it would cost for you to purchase from them directly at retail, considering shipping and all.

Hi Ben, I wish I could have caught you before you ordered your kits from Drake. I have applied to be a retailer for their products and my intention is to sell their kits for a little less than it would cost for you to purchase from them directly at retail, considering shipping and all.

Whoops, just saw that your in Australia, never mind. :)

Exactly. Or those who request stuff that is available in resin.

LOL! You know contract law?

Who do you think you are? You seem to just flame people. Not sure what you're getting out of this. You and "thatswhatshesaid" seem to be the only ones allowed to have an opinion? How do you think some model projects have started? People walking up and asking questions of the companies. That's how. Nigel Lowe (auslowe) talks to Mack Trucks Australia and Kenworth Australia. Then he produces licenced models of their stuff for the model truck loving people out there.

Ben G.

Who do you think you are? You seem to just flame people. Not sure what you're getting out of this. You and "thatswhatshesaid" seem to be the only ones allowed to have an opinion? How do you think some model projects have started? People walking up and asking questions of the companies. That's how. Nigel Lowe (auslowe) talks to Mack Trucks Australia and Kenworth Australia. Then he produces licenced models of their stuff for the model truck loving people out there.

Ben G.

Who do you think you are?

Mr. Big Stuff.

Ben G.

Apparently chuckyr and I are the only ones who actually read the thread and understand the process.

For people still asking for an accurate Pete 379... Tim Albohrn has a tutorial on how to transform an Italeri 378 into a short Hood 379, there are people P&P casting parts for a long nose 379, a 388 and a 389 and AITM has a 386 transkit for the Italeri 377, with all the accessories you can imagine to make them possible. Italeri makes the 377 and the 378, AMT Round2 the old 359 and also the 352, Revell, the 359 with a short sleeper as a "snap" kit, the 359 with a bigger sleeper cab and also that same 359 with a long frame and a rotator tow body and to top it off, the heavy duty Bill Signs 359.

I think we have enough old Peterbilts. Ok maybe a double bunk 362 would be nice... Lets have a resin cab conversion kit of that to install on a Revell or AMT 359 frame. So how about a kit of a 387 or 579 instead?

Or, can we have something a little different this time? A Mack, for instance, would be nice.

About copyrights... Tons of people abused copyrights for years by copying movies, downloading music for free, copying designs from other companies and making money off of those. The Chinese are notorious for this as they are still doing this openly. So a lot of companies such as Caterpillar and Freightliner and GM have decided to control this more tightly by deciding who is going to use their designs and they are charging a lot of money for this. So it can become difficult and expensive to try and get some new kit designs on the shelves nowadays.