Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

Bring me back again, I'd really rather not be out here on my own,

Someone reel me in, I'm drifting ever farther from my home........

I had a pretty cool musical experience today! I was listening to a song called "Rabiato" by a group named Osibisa, a group I was turned on to by another thread here. One part of the song is a long tribal rhythm piece, and I got completely lost in it..... It was like the song (or at least that part) had no beginning or end! Like it had always been, and would never end.... I was completely engulfed by it. Never experienced anything like that before...............

I had a pretty cool musical experience today! I was listening to a song called "Rabiato" by a group named Osibisa, a group I was turned on to by another thread here. One part of the song is a long tribal rhythm piece, and I got completely lost in it..... It was like the song (or at least that part) had no beginning or end! Like it had always been, and would never end.... I was completely engulfed by it. Never experienced anything like that before...............

For me this is what life is all about. That place where time and space are forgotten and it's just you and the music. If only everyday were like that.

There's a log on the fire, and it burns like me for you,

Tomorrow comes with one desire, to take me away, it's true..........

Once again I'm at a loss on your two. Here's one for you guys to chew on:

I just spent 60 days in the jailhouse

For the crime of having no dough

Now here I am back out on the street

For the crime of having nowhere to go 

Time to pull the trigger, I guess:

You flew too high

Off of the ground

Hit stormy weather

And had to come back down...

Probably don't need hints on this one?

Dumb Blonde - Dolly Parton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj13aZOnpY8

So here's a tougher one.

Although the summer's gone

I'll try to carry on

Although you won't be with me

And when school is through

I'll still be loving you

Oh, nine months can be so long...

Hints: Singer was born in Colorado. Regional hit in the Southwest in late 1959. HUGE hit in South America, however - the singer became very successful there and even more so behind the Iron Curtain. Lovefordgalaxie should get this one easily.

Our Summer Romance - Dean Reed (aka "The Red Elvis")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db4BeApSsM8

These were both really tough for me. I guess they were for everyone though. I never would have even thought of Dolly Parton and I never heard of Dan Reed. Maybe clues are good idea. But then again, maybe nothing would help me unless they fall into a narrow area of my so called "expertise".

I'm trying to think of stuff that doesn't go too deep into an artists catalog. I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure what was done before as far as giving clues etc.

Not many Bob Dylan songs being shown here.

I'm still nuts about Blood On The Tracks from '75.

Early one morning the sun was shinin'....

Good one.

You hit the nail right on the head with Blood on the Tracks. It's my favorite album if I had to pick just one. Super solid from start to finish and has what might be my favorite lines from any of his songs. He seems to have a knack for put down songs.

Idiot wind 

Blowing every time you move your teeth

Your an idiot, babe 

It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe

That's cool! :D It's the era of the Dead that I'm most familiar with, Their "In The Dark" album.........

That's ok, I think it's a good album. It's no American Beauty or Workingman's Dead but it's solid. Some decent contributions from Brent in addition the Bob and Jerry stuff. It took a lot of guff from old heads who didn't like that it brought in tons of new fans and kind of ruined the scene for awhile.

You hit the nail right on the head with Blood on the Tracks. It's my favorite album if I had to pick just one. Super solid from start to finish and has what might be my favorite lines from any of his songs. He seems to have a knack for put down songs.

Idiot wind 

Blowing every time you move your teeth

Your an idiot, babe 

It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe

Hi Kevin, yep....a great collection of gems on that one!

....eee e-diot winnnnd....

I'll click it in now.

Edited by 10thumbs

Bring me back again, I'd really rather not be out here on my own,

Someone reel me in, I'm drifting ever farther from my home........

This one is "Eclectic Electric" by Primus...... On the Anti-Pop album they did things a bit differently. Les Claypool had the crazy (brilliant?) idea of having some big names at the time do some guest production and playing. On this song, James Hetfield of Metallica produced it and did a bit of a cameo spot in the song.........

Aagghh! I knew this one. Just didn't ring a bell. Dang it 

That song hasn't had any airplay in a while, Didn't surprise me noone guessed it..... One reason I love Napster so much, they have literally millions of songs on demand, and sometimes a song will creep in from my subconscious that I haven't heard in ages. Do a quick search, and there it is! :D

Once again I'm at a loss on your two. Here's one for you guys to chew on:

I just spent 60 days in the jailhouse

For the crime of having no dough

Now here I am back out on the street

For the crime of having nowhere to go 

I don't know if this clue will help but. The band that does this song has a generic name.

• 2 weeks later...

Some nights are large, some nights are lazy,

But ain't nobody tryin' to slip away,

It'll make you loose, it'll make you crazy,

Know what I mean? What'ya say, what'ya say...........

I thought someone would have guessed this one.......... It's "Low Down in the Street" by ZZ Top.......... :)