Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 - Finished

RandyB.

Great paint and foil Randy. What brand and color did you use???

Thanks Guido and Carl. Carl...I used Tamiya "Italian Red" and I polished it out with Nu Finish Scratch Doctor which It really didn't need but the polish brings the foil out.

Not bad so far, and where an SS could be ordered with the RS package, why not fix the grille that way?

What size Evergreen did you use for the bars?

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Pat and Charlie. Charlie I used the #101 evergreen strips.

Totally different style grille. It may fit but it's not correct

Not "correct," and would be slightly difficult to pull off in 1:1 unless you also used the '69 front bumper with it. Might be interesting on a model, and putting a Revell '69 RS grille on a '67 body wouldn't involve the bumper problem due to the way it's made.

I've seen stranger in 1:1. Just yesterday I saw on the net a real '67 Chevelle station wagon (!!!) that had been customized with a '69 Camaro RS grille and hidden headlights. :blink::blink: It didn't really "work" IMHO but I had to admire the outside-the-box thinking.

I would think you would need the 69 header panel too. The 67/8 nose is flatter in the middle

Not on the real car, you wouldn't. The '67-'69 header panels are interchangeable.

Now on models, there's quite a variation. The "sharpest" nose is the original AMT '67 annual, and the new Revell '67 is pretty close to it. But the MPC '68 and the later AMT '67 and '68 are flatter. Stranger, there's quite a bit of variation in width among all the First Gen Camaro kits. The MPC '68 and '69 are the narrowest (and so are their Firebirds), and the Revell '69 is the widest. The AMT original '67 annual, the later AMT '67 and '68, the Revell '68 Firebird, and the new Revell '67 Camaro are all more or less the same width, in the middle.

Oh, and the Revell '69 RS grille isn't right, either. It sits too deep, and the headlight covers are MUCH too deep. I'm trying to come up with a fix for this and will post a tutorial on it here if/when I ever get it figgered out.