Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/10 scratch built Holden HX Overlander Panel Van

prestonlal

And another update!  lol..

Watcha think? I'm probably gonna do it over...lol...forgot that the clear would 'craze' with the Bondene ....    Will have to pick up some canopy glue and rebuild it later on....you can see where I glued the strips at the edges...:well....live and learn....ha...

Anywho some pics.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any more progress on this cool build ?

Hey there cobraman....!  Yeah got a couple of small updates....just can't seem to find much time these days.....

Back at it again...lol...

Some shiny stuff.....:blink:

image_zps8nic0ehi.jpeg

Made a mess of it.... ::o

image_zpsuc8hhseo.jpeg

Then made it shiny again...lol!  

image_zpspminqruo.jpeg

Sneaky peek...lol...Premier nose panel...getting there slowly...still need to glue in the buckets, some more sanding and clean up on the back, then a few cycles of priming, sanding, putty, sanding, priming, sanding, putty etc etc...lol!
watcha think?

image_zpsrq10hra7.jpeg
image_zps2azm0tlz.jpeg
image_zpsdjacybfb.jpeg

I think the Sandyman is trying to send me a message....:p ..... Thinking I best be gettin' back in Sandman mode soon...I think maybe he wants an on-road chassis or maybe even another buddy....ermmm....body.......lol.......yeah...seriously thinking of putting a custom on-road chassis together ....made from brass...RWD...

image_zpsnpn3jygl.jpeg
image_zpso9zqqusf.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey mate...!  Apologies....!  Been tediously converting the pics over to Flickr pic hosting as I'm not prepared to pay the $400 that photobucket wants .... About halfway done on the original thread over on Scale4x4RC ...about 450 pics so far...as soon as I get it fully converted I will start copying the links over here. 

• 8 months later...

Hey guys.... What's up? I know it's been six months since I last posted...but it seems that photobucket's embargo has been lifted...lol...my pics are back up...! 

I'm still building.... Just slowed down a bit...lol... Started on a HQ Tonner...then hit a wall when I couldn't find any more of those 1/18 spring loaded hood/ bonnet hinges...So  I guesstimated what 1/10 should be based on the measurements of the 1/18 ones and came up with this...took a bit of trial and error... Watcha think?

27523597817_744141dc74_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
27523597667_0823febe66_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
40585620460_dbccf912b2_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr

I decided to do some more brass work..decided to try building a hood/bonnet latch for the Holdens I'm building.....this is what I came up with...!

42611519172_471d1c542b_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
40852799890_d7613dece5_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
42611518582_7c9ce800a3_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
40852799750_05fa68afd6_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
40852799680_4133027675_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
42611518232_95e29ed9c7_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr

Well...I'm still trying to dial it in....but it seems to work mostly...kinda...lol....made enough for the 5 Holdens that I'm building...lol! Sweet!  

Did a small vid...unfortunately the only opened hood I had available to test it on was the the Blazer...but hey...Holdens are also Chevys....like cousins...once removed! Lol...

Watcha think?

Been hunting high and low for suitable material for the grille inserts, as its way too tiny for me to attempt to scratch build ...was looking at model train construction bits but was pointed in the right direction by 2Beers! Thanks buddy! The sewing aisle is where it's at! Lol...worked out pretty sweet!

24621219798_c42fe35f84_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
37778219124_1934dd3655_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
24621219828_5fe110149d_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr
37778219024_30e4217ab8_z.jpgimage by Preston Lalan, on Flickr