Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 '31 Model A rod

These Minicraft kits are difficult, with multi-piece bodies and opening doors...hard to chop, so I glued them in. Also shortened the bed, z'ed the frame to lower it (hence the box in the bed for clearance), bobbed the fenders and painted it Testor's green lacquer. The only funny business is the front wheels...they look awkward, and there could have been a better exhaust, or I could have made one, but it is done.

post-14800-0-50767900-1418793580_thumb.j

post-14800-0-33356800-1418793609_thumb.j

post-14800-0-05177900-1418793621_thumb.j

Edited by bonehead23

turned out very nice especially for that hard to build body. but you are right about the front wheels. or I think more correctly, the front wheels are alright its the front fender that is the problem, it sticks out too much in front. would look a lot better trimmed back and carved out more on the back (engine) side. but like you say its done, maybe something to think about next time. looks great as is though and what I am seeing is probably partially a camera angle problem

jb

Hi Stephen,

I am wondering if you could provide a few tips for me on this model as I am stuck.

1) Can you post a photo of the underside of the car - I can't figure out the muffler/exhaust mounting, especially where the bracket with the hole in it goes.

2) Can you explain a bit how you worked through the cab assembly? On mine, I don't have registration pins on the bottom so getting the spacing so the doors fit is stumping me.

Chris D.