Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Trabant 601S

Mattblack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just opening the box on this kit..Will be my first car kit and indeed, only my third ever kit at all for over 30 years (Yeah I'm old).

So far just about to finish my second (Tamiya Suzuki Katana) after ruining the first (Airfix Mig aircraft).

Would like to get the finish on the Trabby right, hey they came from the factory poorly finished and would like to replicate that.

Soooooo...any tips on how to make it look like the gel coat finish they came in.. Whether to use...........Airbrush or brush, enamel, acrylic, weathering, damage repairs etc. would

be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Would like to get the finish on the Trabby right, hey they came from the factory poorly finished and would like to replicate that.

Soooooo...any tips on how to make it look like the gel coat finish they came in.. Whether to use...........Airbrush or brush, enamel, acrylic, weathering, damage repairs etc. would

They didn't have a gel coat at the factory, the Duraplast was sprayed using fast drying acrylic enamels, I sent off to what would have been East Germany for my genuine Trabant paint for doing my Trabbi's

They didn't have a gel coat at the factory, the Duraplast was sprayed using fast drying acrylic enamels, I sent off to what would have been East Germany for my genuine Trabant paint for doing my Trabbi's

Well I can't see me going to that much trouble GeeBee, would just like to get a bit close with easily available materials.

BTW....What is an Acrylic Enamel please?

Steve