Model Cars Magazine Forum

From the movie - The Deuce of Spades

Eshaver

This is a model of one of the star cars shall we say in the movie , The Deuce of Spades . It was built by Jerry Mull and Gene Winfield. Jerry and I have been coresponding for a good while .It's owned by the movie producer , Faith Granger . Faith was very gracious to allow me to take as many photgraphs as I needed in order to get this one right . Jerry meanwhile helped out as he could as it was his Model A that was the chase car in the movie and sometimes Stunt double .

nowindshield.jpg

Maroonseats.jpg

32cengineheaderdetail.jpg

32cdriver.jpg

Power comes from a Chevrolet 327 with three Rochesters . Mated to the engine is a modern turbo-hydramatic 350. It's rear is a Chevrolet S-10 with coil overs . If you get a chance to see this movie , by all means do so . I was given the privelige to have seen it in a Drive-in setting . Oh, Faith, if ya see this , my son is still enjoying his shirt too!

Ed Shaver

Ed awesome replica of the deuce of spades...i also saw the car at NSRA in tampa along with meeting faith....i have a copy of the movie and i think its grt8...been wanting to build the deuce...but dan that "CRS"...i forgot about it thanks for the reminder... B)

• 4 weeks later...

Loved the movie, love your replica. As a side note, I remember when 'GoodGuys Gazette' published an article on the early production of that film and invited readers to participate by providing a link to the DeuceofSpades website to donate to the cause. For a minimum contribution you received an autographed copy of the DVD, (which I have), for larger donations you were included in the film credits! I applaud Faith's novel and ingenious approach to funding the film and have even more respect for her ability to accomplish a goal for which she previously had little/no experience in, only a passion for the subject. Might be lesson in there for all of us.