Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine in Tamiya's Lotus Super 7?

I didn't realize there was a 1600cc version of the OHC engine. We never got it here. I had a hot 2 liter, and it would rev all day to 7500 and stay together. I'd love to build something really light with a full-house 1600 OHC.

There was a 1300 OHC for the mainland Europe market. Saw one in a Dutch Transit van once, very few hills in the Netherlands!

Never saw a 1300 OHC in a Capri Geoff, but yes I'd forgotten about the original base model Sierra.

Must be where I remember it from.

Available between 1972 - 74 on the Capri, gave 60 bhp, the 1300 Kent engine was rated at 57 bhp,

• 2 months later...

The aftermarket company in Maryland, "Replicas and Miniatures" has Weber carbs. Part no. P-11A. I guess they can be used as either downdraft or sidedraft. They were $8.00.

Definitely NOT. Weber side-drafts are entirely different carbs from down-drafts, they look entirely different, and anybody who's ever seen real Webers will notice immediately.

Mount side-drafts as down-drafts in the real world and all your gas will just run all over the engine and into the dirt.

This shows 3 of R&M's Webers, definitely side-drafts in this case.

64Dodge2-vi.jpg

Real... news_webcon_jag.jpg...notice the position of the float-bowl covers.

On a Weber down-draft, the float-bowl cover also mounts the velocity stacks... 16602.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy