Model Cars Magazine Forum

Emodelcars

I’ve noticed that some people have been complaining about ebay’s fees and policies. We already have a good alternative, emodelcars.com, if more people would start using it. I’m as guilty as anyone for not using it, but tonight I have listed some things and will start checking it daily. Gregg has put a lot of time and money into this and it would be stupid for us to not use it. If we start using emodelcars then more people will join in and there will be more items for sale. Gregg if you read this can we make a post on the forum that says what we listed on emodelcars.com. Allowing us to make a post that says what we listed may help generate traffic to emodelcars.

I’ve noticed that some people have been complaining about ebay’s fees and policies. We already have a good alternative, emodelcars.com, if more people would start using it. I’m as guilty as anyone for not using it, but tonight I have listed some things and will start checking it daily. Gregg has put a lot of time and money into this and it would be stupid for us to not use it. If we start using emodelcars then more people will join in and there will be more items for sale. Gregg if you read this can we make a post on the forum that says what we listed on emodelcars.com. Allowing us to make a post that says what we listed may help generate traffic to emodelcars.

I say lose it because i try to list models until i get to the payment select part. I don't take paypal or not set up to accept credit cards. I tried to get some straight amswer on this issue but no success other than getting my posts deleted. jim

You are right I just tried to post an ad without checking paypal or a credit card. A popup saying you must click a payment type came up. Gregg what do we do if we do not wish to take paypal or credt cards.

That's what the whole complaint people have had with eModelCars has been...

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9963

In all honesty, though, I'm a bit too specific in what I'm looking for (I'm almost 100% into Mustang II's, with the occasional other kit as a donor or if it piques my interest) for a smaller site to help me much.

I have changed the settings for the site.

I also am doing tests on it now.

Let me know what other problems arise.

Jim, your posts were part of a thread that was started with selling models here.

That is what was deleted.

Threads or posts for selling models here will be removed.

Hey guys thats what i said in the other thread, not enough people know about it.I know SAE is the competition but what would it hurt to advertise in it? unless they(sae)wont it. which would be stupid cuz advertising revenue is income,income is money and soforth just my 2 cents worth,George53 :unsure:

Hey guys thats what i said in the other thread, not enough people know about it.I know SAE is the competition but what would it hurt to advertise in it? unless they(sae)wont it. which would be stupid cuz advertising revenue is income,income is money and soforth just my 2 cents worth,George53 :lol:

I was laughed at

I'm having trouble with it again. It never accepts my pass or username. I just gave up. Sure would like to put some kits up for sale there.

Gregg, I can't find your registration

What was the user name?

There is nothing under your full name.

you were *laughed at* when you asked them to sell you ad space for emodelcars?

seriously?

thats pretty stupid right there. almost unbelievably stupid in fact.

guess they are rolling in the money these days. couldnt guess it by the diminishing page count nor the quality of the writing.

but maybe i misunderstand what you mean.

Naw J.B, Ithink your right,that rag has done nothin but gone downhill since Gary sold it.From 2 excellent titles 12 times a year, to a half assed rag 6 times a year.I wonder if Gary Schmidt ever thought how lousy his hard work would become.They said it was going down to 6 issues a year to be a better magazine, But I think it was just a reason for kalmbach to save money. I'm still surprised that they wouldn't take Gregg's ad though, they must be AFRAID of a little worthy competition. I still do miss the old SAE and Car Modeler though. But fuggit Modelcars is a better mag anyways! just my humble opinion (and you know what they say about opinions)George53.

Naw J.B, Ithink your right,that rag has done nothin but gone downhill since Gary sold it.From 2 excellent titles 12 times a year, to a half assed rag 6 times a year.I wonder if Gary Schmidt ever thought how lousy his hard work would become.They said it was going down to 6 issues a year to be a better magazine, But I think it was just a reason for kalmbach to save money. I'm still surprised that they wouldn't take Gregg's ad though, they must be AFRAID of a little worthy competition. I still do miss the old SAE and Car Modeler though. But fuggit Modelcars is a better mag anyways! just my humble opinion (and you know what they say about opinions)George53.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Wait'll you see what's coming in the near future... :lol:

I keep seeing ya'll mention the Magazine, but can't find it or reference to it here other than in posts. Can someone tell me about it either here or in a PM please?. Is it a paper copy ( which I prefer ) or a online only thing? How can I order it ? Things like that lol . Now I'm off to look at this Emodel cars site yall have

I just tried to register on Emodelcars. But when I tried to select my country from the dropdown list, it turned out to be wiped off this planet (not entirely undeserved I guess). There is neither an England, nor a Great Britain, no United Kingdom, nothing. However, such model car strongholds like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Tonga and Vanuato are listed (no offense to any modellers from these countries, please!).

I just tried to register on Emodelcars. But when I tried to select my country from the dropdown list, it turned out to be wiped off this planet (not entirely undeserved I guess). There is neither an England, nor a Great Britain, no United Kingdom, nothing. However, such model car strongholds like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Tonga and Vanuato are listed (no offense to any modellers from these countries, please!).

England is a country?

:-)

I will check it tonight.

I know the boiler plate tables where way out there.

You know those Afghan builders......