Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes G4 Apocalypse gun carriage.

Ridgeback

Going to keep this period correct for a world overrun by zombies following a chemical attack gone wrong in WW2, leading to soldiers of all nations teaming up against a new enemy!

Anyhoo, the kit is ICM's 6x6 personnel car and is going to be converted to a pickup with probably a twin heavy machine gun set up.

Cheers

Daz

post-12224-0-44767300-1428208650_thumb.j

Really nice. I think it looks more convincing as a pickup than a personellcar. I once had a 1:35 scale resin kit of a car based on the chassis of the G4 that was a sort of wagon thing that they used as a radiocar in WWII. I had plans back then to convert the resin kit into a hearse. A sort of 6x6 offroad hearse, for the more remote burials :lol:

The hearse idea sounds great!

Funny that these were built for the elite of the Nazi party and were incredibly expensive, but towards the end of the war,the ones left were painted matt black and converted into more unitarian duty's like a radio car and there was one converted like mine into an AA unit.I believe there is one survivor which was restored at the Mercedes Benz museum and if it ever came up for sale, I think you would have to own a few oil companies to afford it!

Here is a picture of the 1:35 resin kit built up at the 2005 Nürnberg fair, it was made by Plus Model:

PLUS_MODEL_Mecedes_G4_Radio_Car.jpg

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2005/Nuernberg_2005.html

At that time, no one was thinking it was possible that we would get a great plastic kit of this car (Plus Model also had the ordinary G4) but then came ICM and made first a great 1:35 plastic kit and then they released them in 1:24 aswell.

I owned the 1:35 resin kit but sold it some years ago but now I'm thinking of getting one of these ICM 1:24 kits and scratchbuilding the wagonpart on the back.