Model Cars Magazine Forum

One ton dually

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen any 82-93 dodge trucks, I know there was someone working on one, he took measurements off my truck, but I haven't heard anything else. Maybe we need to have someone do a kit history of all the different makes of duallys in plastic.

Maybe we need to have someone do a kit history of all the different makes of duallys in plastic.

As far as I know, the only dually kits were the Revell/Monogram '91 F350 glue kit, the AMT Snap Fast '95 Dodge Ram 3500 and the AMT Snap Fast '96 Chevy 3500. MPC had a dually kit based off of a regular kit but IIRC it was not a factory dully replica.

The MPC duallie was based on the '78 Chevy 4x4 annual kit, and was more of a custom truck than an actual accurate 1 ton. It was a short bed 1/2 ton with a Stepside bed with wider fenders and custom faired in tail lights, a pair of dual wheel adapters similar to what was in their '68-'72 Chevy truck kits, and a pair of extra Desert Dog tires. The balance of the kit is the same as the other MPC 4x4 Chevies, except that it only had the custom grille and a tunnel ram intake, no stock options for those. It also included a hood scoop identical to the one found in the Ground Pounder version.

Also for phantom duallies, Lindberg made the 1/20 Toyota and Nissan kits. As for some of the older Chevys, fenders from an early stepside are all that's needed to make a GM dually from the 70s and 80s, and from what I remember of the older Dodges, they just had flat large fender flares.

Hello

I am the owner of Plaskit resin cast truck parts.

We offer one set of one ton rim tire set. These are 16.5 inch rims and tires.

DSC04119.jpg

We are based in Canada.

If you have any questions or to contact us at:

plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca

Note we will need to know where you live as we are based in Canada.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux