Model Cars Magazine Forum

post just your cabovers here

This is not mine, it's my friend Claude Boulais' Peterbilt, this one can't be hidden from view! Some of you have seen already, probably at NNL a couple weeks ago...

An absolutely beautiful piece, started from an AMT 352, stretched the cab to 110", added some height as well and ended up with a 352H! There is a resin 12V71 DD under the cab, the rear suspension and diff are from the Revell 359, quarter fenders, rear flap mounts and front bumper are all aluminum scratch built(!!) parts. The rims are off an AMT Kenworth. Paint work is off the charts!

Aerodyne... This truck is absolute eye candy, viewed up close!

219nxn8.jpg

2q0qey8.jpg

2i0pt3a.jpg

Fantastic !!!! One of the best 352s I have ever seen in magazines or on the internet - simply awesome !!!

I actually miss seeing those on the road... I see the odd Argosy now and then and some customized K100 once in a while but that's it. There is this nice black and white 362 running around regularly in my area though...

Edited by BigBad

thanks

and yes dave , al 3 are resin conversions from australia , but he has closed due healt problems

at that time he has a great assortiment of resin cabs and hoods

first named backyardshack and than ausskid

at that time i buy a couple of more resincab,s of him and its hard to find them now

jacobus

Back in the saddle (now in Montana) after 3 months of bouncing around like popcorn.

Just came across this thread. Many may have seen this but this is my salvage job of the highly rare and much maligned GMC Aero Astro from the early 1980's. It was in the equally horrible movie "Time Bomb". It is a hodgepodge of a warped Astro cab (obviously), a well beaten Revell W900 chassis, and lots of paper and styrene. Took about 3 times to finally pull it off. The tanker is an AMT and was my first venture into Vallejo acrylics.

Peace.

aerorebuildfinal006-vi.jpg

aerorebuildfinal047-vi.jpg

aerorebuildfinal023-vi.jpg

thanks

and yes dave , al 3 are resin conversions from australia , but he has closed due healt problems

at that time he has a great assortiment of resin cabs and hoods

first named backyardshack and than ausskid

at that time i buy a couple of more resincab,s of him and its hard to find them now

jacobus

Yes, I have a bunch of his stuff also. From what I was told, he was shut down for copying other casters cabs. None of those cabs were mastered by him or authorized to be copied. Its a shame, because they were good castings. But thats ebay for you.