Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Build Off

evilone

snuzbox!! no, this is a chassis from the 67 chevelle prostreet!!

evilone, ya you know it!!! all opened up custom cage inner fenders i just cut out, and a resin bigblock!!! and all wired and plumbed!!! this is a great board so i will learn alot on how these cars are wired and plumbed!! here are pics of me cutting the inner fenders out up front, and the last pic is the 2 interior tubbs i cut apart to make one that will fit the new chassis right!!!

000_0001-1.jpg

000_0001-2.jpg

000_0002-4.jpg

000_0001-5.jpg

O.K., I finally was able to get some progress started on this build. I am starting by working on getting the front and rear suspensions together and then branch off from there.

The front suspension is the most difficult due to creating a poseable steering setup using parts of the kit and brass material.

The pics. show the beginnings of the poseable steering. So far I have each spindle created and in place. Next will be to scratchbuild the tie rod and steering pieces.

DSC07823-vi.jpg

DSC07825-vi.jpg

And the wheels are mocked up. They are machined aluminum pieces. The rear slicks are from So Real.

DSC07822-vi.jpg

DSC07824-vi.jpg

More to come soon.

Edited by 1320wayne

O.K., I finally was able to get some progress started on this build. I am starting by working on getting the front and rear suspensions together and then branch off from there.

The front suspension is the most difficult due to creating a poseable steering setup using parts of the kit and brass material.

The pics. show the beginnings of the poseable steering. So far I have each spindle created and in place. Next will be to scratchbuild the tie rod and steering pieces.

DSC07823-vi.jpg

DSC07825-vi.jpg

And the wheels are mocked up. They are machined aluminum pieces. The rear slicks are from So Real.

DSC07822-vi.jpg

DSC07824-vi.jpg

More to come soon.

Where did the wheels come from and the nuts and bolts holding the front end together. Looks real nice...

DSC07823-vi.jpg

DSC07825-vi.jpg

DSC07822-vi.jpg

DSC07824-vi.jpg

More to come soon.

Nice job, Wayne. Keep it up.

ok im back up in here

after being away for a week im happy to finally post somethin

i told u guys earlier that i wanted to replace my 93 stang

well after a week in the hospital

i found somethin came in the mail while i was gone

so heres whats replacing the 93 stang

DSCN0376.jpg

im going to post somethin later tonight

its not like im going anywhere with a punctured ear drum

so ill probably get far enough to post somethin worth while to look at

till then laters

TXRat, the wheels are slot car items that I purchased from Ebay. They are Pro Track slot car wheels that are sold by an Ebay seller by the name of Fast Eddies slot cars.

The brass screws and nuts are from a company named Hob Bits. I buy them at my local Hobbytown.

DONE...

Here's my one and only entry...

Ron Capps Dodge Funnycar from 2005

Competition Resins Body and engine parts, Slixx Decals (carbon fiber color is too light), Revell Top Fuel engine and it all started with the Revell "Mad Magazine" Funnycar...

brutfinalleftside-vi.jpg

brutfinalleftrear-vi.jpg

brutfinalfullrightside-vi.jpg

brutfinallopeneftside-vi.jpg

brutfinalopenrightside-vi.jpg

brutfinalopenenginerightside-vi.jpg

brutfinalopenengineleftside-vi.jpg

brutfinalchassis2-vi.jpg

brutfinalchassis1-vi.jpg

Have fun guys...now onto the Testarossa!!!!

:)