Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1965 Riviera Curbside Custom - DONE!

Impalow

Thank you all!! Im excited to wrap this thing up.

It is just evergreen .060 half round layed next to each other. I scuffed each seat with some coarse sandpaper, then started in the middle and worked my way outward. I took the tamiya extra thin glue and layed a strip of it down at a time. Make sure you keep them tight together so there are no gaps. If you do get gaps the primer fills it, but you also dont want to bury it in primer. The only tricky spot is the curve over the top of the front seats, if you put glue on the strip then tried to make that bend it would break... so i had to put the glue onto the seat and work quickly to bend and press it into place all at once. It really wasnt that difficult once you get started you get a good feel for it, just takes a lot of time.

Yes. I have used that technique before. Back in 1999 I did this to the 50 Ford:

100_1155_zpsbcuioibz.jpg

There was a recent posting about using the 61 Ranchero top and making a mold from it and filling with acrylic paint.

Great job on the interior and thanks for replying.

Yes. I have used that technique before. Back in 1999 I did this to the 50 Ford:

100_1155_zpsbcuioibz.jpg

There was a recent posting about using the 61 Ranchero top and making a mold from it and filling with acrylic paint.

Great job on the interior and thanks for replying.

Both interiors look great. I am itching to try this for myself. I would also like to try the acrylic paint technique, but can't seem to find a suitable piece to take the mold from. A friend of mine uses another technique, he uses colored plastic laces for making wallets that you find at a craft store. Don't need to paint it and you can do two tone interiors by alternating the lace colors. Edited by Mike Chernecki

Both inteeiors look geeat. I am itching to try this for myself. I would also like to try the acrylic paint technique, but can't seem to find a suitable piece to take the mold from. A friend of mine uses another technique, he uses colored plastic laces for making wallets that you find at a craft store. Don't need to paint it and you can do two tone interiors by alternating the lace colors.

Thank you! Nice work! That is a really good idea.. Im intriguied by the acrylic paint technique as well. However, i am a bit worried about durability over time, some part of me thinks that will dry out and crack after a few years. But i've never tried it either, so it may not be an issue.