Model Cars Magazine Forum

What AMT Ertl big rig parts would you like to see reissued as parts packs?

I was thinking about this, and if Round2 was going to issue "Parts Packs" I agree with Kevin that the unique Alaskan Hauler parts (headache rack, propane tanks, hood, bumper) would be a good one, as would the Montone dump body from the Autocar DC kit. (I like it better that the Heil dump body from the PayStar 5000 kit, but that's just me.)

The AH parts would look good on a 359 Pete, especially a logging truck. I agree on the Montone dump box over the Heil, the sides of the Heil are too tall. I always thought the Heil was a coal box because of it's height.

then they have no business building models ;)

I agree. On FB there is all kinds of complaining about the fit of all the reissues.The problem is new builders build a couple snap petes,that literally fall together, then get in to building a round2 and the drama starts and they give up.

Since we are all wishing out loud, here is my wish list...

1. White Freightliner wheels, hub covers, hubs and brake drums, and tires, (throw in a chrome tank, battery box, and quarter fender upgrade while you're at it).

2. Autocar 5 hole aluminum front wheels, (with matching rears, it is a wish list after all).

3. Dimple free Ertl 10 hole Alcoas to upgrade the Transtar II.

4. The steerable front axle and rear 4270 air ride suspension. (throw in the exhaust from it too).

5. The DD v12 from the Bandag Bandit.

6. The Mack v8 from the DM 800.

7. The K100 wheels, tires and 8 bag rear suspension.

8. The Thermo King unit and tank from the Ertl Great Dane.

9. A dual exhaust upgrade set for the Western Star, Road Boss, and Diamond Reo, (White Freightliner mufflers as the basis?).

10. The lift gate out of the Short Hauler kit, (roll up door too).

I guess that will do for now.

Edited by purepmd

Well people are going to complain no matter what. So??? I am for any parts packs that would broaden the possibilkityies of building more than one of a particular model. Say the A-car with the Montone dump then another with the Heil dump. Parts packs would make that more feasable. Of course you may have to modify the frame but. That is what model building is about. Look at what you need to do to build a AITM resin kit!

Be Well

Gator

I really wouldn't expect any response, Sam. It would be nice, though.

Yes, Mark, the wheels, & rear suspension for the K100 AeroDyne would be nice. Maybe they could just add them to the T600 if that ever get's reissued again.

I wonder if Round 2 would consider selling decals from some of their newer releases? The updated, expanded decal sheets of their latest offerings would be welcome by many of us older modelers for restoring / rehabbing older builds. Just a thought.

Good idea AJ, I like that

I like the decal idea by AJ as well. As far as parts go here's my list;

1) 10 hole chrome wheels from the Kenworth K100 Aerodyne kit

2) Front six spoked wheels and tires from the Autocar dumptruck kit

3) Rear air ride suspension from the International 4070A kit.

4) Rear suspension and axle from the Ford Louisville Delivery Truck kit.

5) Six spoked wheels from the Volvo N10 tractor kit.

Edited by kwtrucker

An 8v-71 or 12v-71parts pack with turbo options and manifold options would be nice. Cummins parts pack with intake and exhaust options would be nice. Transmission parts pack including the Fuller, Spicer 4x4, and the transmission and the auxiliary transmission from the W900 would be nice. Wheel sets would be nice too. Again just wishing!