Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg '53 Victoria......

JollySipper

I've decided to finish this one up as a curbside, fellas..... With the construction going on I don't have a permanent building area, I'm working on top of a dresser right now...!

Instead of just boxing it up for later, I'll just wrap up what I've done and call it good.......

Hope you guys won't be too disappointed.... pics as soon as I finish!!

foilwork%20003_zpssumk19ls.jpg

foilwork%20002_zpsdu5iendg.jpg

foilwork%20001_zpswo5mlfea.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody!

Got some foil work done! Also, I was anxious to see how it would look with the side trim and wheels, so there is a mock-up pic........

All comments welcome.....!!

Love the colour scheme. Nice finish on her too.

Those are pegasus wheels? I thought they only did ridiculously large mags? Those look awesome.

Yep, those are pegasus wheels! These can be had with narrow or wide whites... they also make a chrome-reverse and a set of astro supreme wheels.....

I used the same set on a '60 Dodge build.

They are very nice, but the tires that came with them were those awful low profile "lowrider" things. Hated them!

The wheels are pretty large in diameter, so it wasn't just a quick swap for some decent tires.

Looks like you did a swap too TJ.

Steve

No swap, Steve! Those are the tires that came with the wheels..... I just made sure to order the wide whites instead of the narrow ones.... :)

Really!

Well, if they're the same tires I got, they look a hell of a lot better on your Ford than they would have looked on my Dodge!

As you can see from this photo, the one on the left is a correctly scaled tire. The one on the right is the Pegasus tire.

looks to be about a 13 inch wheel in comparison.

The space between the out side edge of the white wall, & the tread looks way to narrow when compared with the other tire.

Anyway, I butchered a set of Monogram wide whites to put on my Dodge.

The Pegasus tires would have looked ridiculous! :huh:

Steve

DSCN4153_zps0tyyliri.jpgDSCN2841_zpssy4ygmho.jpg