Model Cars Magazine Forum

Limited Edition Sixties Style Hot Rods, Expressions of Intersest

Here is a side view of the 32 Pontiac Coupe, like the Dodge versions these ones will also be 3 piece bodies. The coupe will have a stock top as shown and a chopped version as well. Like the others this one will also have a separate diamond tuft roof insert.

post-8856-0-83804500-1434012448_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign

I did start it Frank, but like so many things I got side tracked, this is far as I have gotten with it. The major sticking point is the difference between the top of the hood at the rear. The cowl from the coupe has a different shape to the hood. I am not sure why. I will need to find out if the AMT 5 Window coupe and 3 Window coupe have different cowls. If that is the case, I will have to do two different versions.

post-8856-0-73469200-1434262275_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-04945600-1434262314_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-37571100-1434262349_thumb.jp

Hey Guys.

Just a quick update on the range. I can't give an exact date as to when I begin selling them but I can say that when I do I will sell them in order of years. The first ones will be the Model Ts followed by the Model As followed be the 32,s and 34,s. The Dodge and Chev models won't be started until all the Ford ones are sold first.

The Model T bodies are very close to being finished and I am finalising the layout for the chassis. Like the bodies there has been a fair amount of scratch building involved for it as well. I am yet to put together the rear end but I will be using the dragster diff from the AMT 56 Victoria as it has a wider track which will allow the bodies to sit lower. I will put some more photos up later in the week.

Cheers !

Hey Guys.

Things have been slow lately. I have worked out the rear end I will be using. It will combine the quick change diff from the AMT 56 Victoria, sitting inside the leaf spring and wishbones setup from the Lindberg 34 pickup kit. The diff will have a wider track to allow the body to sit lower in the chassis. I am also working out the upholstery options. The bench seat will have diamond pattern inserts. Sorry about the lack of photos. I will post some up tomorrow.

Cheers !

Edited by fractalign

Hey Guys.

I have been trying to work out upholstery options for the T Coupe and I have decided on this combination for the bench seat. I got as far as cutting out the centre and marking out a template. Mind won't be exactly the same but it will be close.

post-8856-0-68881300-1434973795_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-54342600-1434973966_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign

Hey Guys.

I have been trying to work out upholstery options for the T Coupe and I have decided on this combination for the bench seat. I got as far as cutting out the centre and marking out a template. Mind won't be exactly the same but it will be close.

Hey Robert, Check out the 62 Pontiac By AMT for the button tuft. I think you'll like it ! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just love "Lead Sleds" any lead sled and low riders. But to be more specific any 40ties thru `50ties era Chevy`s and Merc`s. As long as is low, custom and cool. A numberarrow-10x10.png of the `60ties thru `70ties low riders a also bitchin`. But ,I have a soft spot the classic lines of a customized Chevy`s and Merc`s.

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Hey Horsepower.

The 34 Chevrolets will actually be a separate range altogether, however Imay add some to this range depending on the interest level. The good news is that they will include stock fenders and they will also be available in stock and chopped versions. The line up so far will be a 3 Window Coupe, Roadster, Tourer, Roadster Utility, Coupe Utility and possibly a stock height Tudor depending on interest.

These are some time away though, at the moment as I am just trying to get the first of the Sixties Style Hot Rods completed. If you want to see any of the work on the 34 Chevrolets though send me a pm.

Cheers !

post-8856-0-76747600-1436927649_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-41062100-1436927947_thumb.jp

post-8856-0-24014000-1436928013_thumb.jp

Edited by fractalign