Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where unsold NEW cars go to die...

Well, both of them loaded up weird ads on both chrome and Firefox, and I have ad locker on all my browsers., not too mention someone else had the same issue.

Please be careful when posting stuff like this.

Like i said, I tested it BEFORE I posted it, and it worked fine, zero issues. Can't be much more careful than that, right?

I wouldn't have posted some cyber-attack redirect BS knowingly.

But I took the links down. Everybody happy now?

Oh...some of the pix posted in 2014 were in fact from 2009, and if you check the current Google Earth shots of some of the areas pictured, the cars're gone. Elvis bought them all. ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

As Bill said in his last post, these photos date back to 2009, when the global recession was still in full swing. In addition, some of the photos were of cars awaiting export shipment. Check these out for more context.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/unsoldcars.asp

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/unsold-car-stockpile-photographs.shtml

There is also an article on Jalopnik.com, but I won't link to it as there is a minor cuss-word in the URL.

Edited by Danny Lectro

Yeah, a guy at work tried to lay this BS on me too till I showed him the truth on Snopes. People really need to be careful of some of the propaganda nonsense that gets passed arround in email chain letters! :lol:

Yeah, a guy at work tried to lay this BS on me too till I showed him the truth on Snopes. People really need to be careful of some of the propaganda nonsense that gets passed arround in email chain letters! :lol:

But I thought everything on the internet was true? Remember Bill Gates was going to share his fortune if you participated in his email beta test? I am still waiting for my check from 1997

Abe Lincoln said at Gettysburg 'Don't believe everything you read on the internet'.

Dang. I read on the internet that he actually said "the reports of my death have been wildly exaggerated", in about 1944, just before the start of the revolutionary war.

And then he invented pants.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• 2 weeks later...