Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy Fathers Day

DumpyDan

Happy Father's Day to my dad and all of you experiencing the joys and heartaches that go with it... ^_^

mike

A few years ago my wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day. Something came to mind and I heard myself say "an hour with my father". The irony of this was that my dad had died 15 years earlier. There always has been a void in my life, and I had thought of the one thing that could solve that, but unfortunately not possible.

I'd share family events... the good, the bad and the unbelievable. The highs and the lows, failures, unjustness and the rebounding successes. I would discuss world affairs, and things he never could imagine, that have happened since he left. Those times in your life where you think, "Wow! I wonder what Dad would think of that", as well as the things you know he would have enjoyed. I know I would come away from that hour feeling better, no matter if he gave me sage advice or if he was just an understanding ear.

If the world was cosmically just, everyone would get that hour with their father, every year on Father's Day. I'd look forward to it all year, saving up the many things I would say. It no doubt would be more than an hour's worth of discussion, the joy, the tears and the laughter... the full range of emotions that make up our lives.

Sadly, for me there will just be that void on Father's Day. But for those of you with living fathers, step fathers or other men you look up to in that role, you have the ability to seize that opportunity and take that hour. Go visit or call. Have that conversation. Years from now when it's no longer possible, you will be glad that you did.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY guys!!!!!! I'm missing mine needless to say but I'm having a pretty good one otherwise.... No Models or supplies as gifts, but stuff for another one of my hobbies... FISHING! A few lures I didn't have!

Hope all the fathers out there are having a good one too!

A few years ago my wife asked me what I wanted for Father's Day. Something came to mind and I heard myself say "an hour with my father". The irony of this was that my dad had died 15 years earlier. There always has been a void in my life, and I had thought of the one thing that could solve that, but unfortunately not possible.

I'd share family events... the good, the bad and the unbelievable. The highs and the lows, failures, unjustness and the rebounding successes. I would discuss world affairs, and things he never could imagine, that have happened since he left. Those times in your life where you think, "Wow! I wonder what Dad would think of that", as well as the things you know he would have enjoyed. I know I would come away from that hour feeling better, no matter if he gave me sage advice or if he was just an understanding ear.

If the world was cosmically just, everyone would get that hour with their father, every year on Father's Day. I'd look forward to it all year, saving up the many things I would say. It no doubt would be more than an hour's worth of discussion, the joy, the tears and the laughter... the full range of emotions that make up our lives.

Sadly, for me there will just be that void on Father's Day. But for those of you with living fathers, step fathers or other men you look up to in that role, you have the ability to seize that opportunity and take that hour. Go visit or call. Have that conversation. Years from now when it's no longer possible, you will be glad that you did.

I lost my Dad 8 years ago. I know what you mean about having that void. There isn't a day that goes by I don't miss him. This is my first father's day. So I guess it's a good day to reflect, remember, and have a good time.