Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kit with these wheels?

Replicas and Minatures of Maryland makes a pretty nice set but they're pricey. ($30 If I recall correctly)

$40 actually, but you get a lot for the money. I have seen these built up and they are fantastic!

DSCN2800-vi.jpg

I've been looking for a set of the rmcm kelsey hayes wire wheels but rmcm doesn't supply them anymore unfortunately. I want a set real bad for a sedan project I want to do. I have all the kits that come with wires and none are real good, spokes too big and out of proportion. Having a hard time coming up with something other then rewiring the wheels. I do have a couple sets of Detail Master wire wheels but they are more of a bonnelli?? style i think. Let us know what you find.

AFX is that your set? Want to trade or sell? PM me.

I've been looking for a set of the rmcm kelsey hayes wire wheels but rmcm doesn't supply them anymore unfortunately. I want a set real bad for a sedan project I want to do. I have all the kits that come with wires and none are real good, spokes too big and out of proportion. Having a hard time coming up with something other then rewiring the wheels. I do have a couple sets of Detail Master wire wheels but they are more of a bonnelli?? style i think. Let us know what you find.

AFX is that your set? Want to trade or sell? PM me.

Yes it is my set. PM sent.

The wire wheels offered by Kelsey Hayes for Chrysler 300 letter cars 1955-57 or 58 were very similar in spoke pattern to what K-H offers today, but they ARE much different than the Ford "Welded Steel Wheels" used from 1932-35, in three different rim diameters. The old gnarly AMT '32 Ford wire wheels do have a correct spoke pattern, for that era car, even though they are 3 scale inches too small in diameter for a stock Deuce--AMT used 15" tires on all their V8 Ford kits back in the day (still there), while the actual wheel for a Deuce is 18".

Art