Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi from Iowa

Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin Iutzeler, and I am from Des Moines, Iowa.

Growing up as a kid in California, I would spend many weekends building models after getting my allowance. A kit, can of spray, and a couple of extras, and Saturday morning would start with painting the main parts, and building them late Saturday or on Sunday, and be finished before school on Monday.

Moved to Iowa in 1987, joined the IPMS Hawkeye Modelers in 1991 just after my daughter was born, and I have been active in the hobby ever since.

Traveling to model shows with my friends, namely Mark Johnson through most of the years, we have been entrants, judges, and vendors.

I like to build drag racing, Bonneville, Pontiacs, and small scale car stuff. I do also build aircraft, and Sci-Fi stuff.

Though not a "prolific" modeler, I have had several completed models competing in the last year or two at shows,

but hope to continue with projects at hand, such as a 1/16 Bonneville project car, a pro-touring AMC, a bastard of a kit for an altered wheel-base Falcon, and several drag projects.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you here, maybe even meeting at shows in the Mid-west, or maybe further out.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I never lived in Iowa, but I spent so much time there in my "young man" days, that I felt like I did!

I worked with my father doing drywall for a home building company in Minnesota Lake, Minnesota.

We did a lot of traveling & spent a huge amount of time in Iowa building homes for farmers.

Spent a lot of time in the Holstein & Cushing areas, as well as around Springfield.

Towns I'm sure most of you have never heard of, but they were like second homes to me.

Steve

Welcome from Riverside, Iowa (just south of Iowa City).

I belong to KKIM based out of the Quad Cities. I have been building since the early 80's.

I love Des Moines, We have a week long family camping trip each year ending in the Good Guys show. If you are going to be headed to Iowa City send me a PM and we can swap stories.

Craig