Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Martini Alfa Romeo V6 TI... Rare Kit??

There are several versions of this, with different decals/wheels available... This one, white "Bosch" car, red "Dekra" car and orange "Jagermeister"  car... They are 90's kits and fairly sought after, but I think they get reissued every once in a while... If I'm not mistaken, the red car was available again a couple of years ago... Regardless, it is a fairly valuable/rare kit, I would say :)

There are several versions of this, with different decals/wheels available... This one, white "Bosch" car, red "Dekra" car and orange "Jagermeister"  car... They are 90's kits and fairly sought after, but I think they get reissued every once in a while... If I'm not mistaken, the red car was available again a couple of years ago... Regardless, it is a fairly valuable/rare kit, I would say :)

cheers bud...... may be a keeper then 

This was the first Tamiya kit that I ever built.  I think it is a very nice kit.  I remember being amazed by several things.  The fit of the parts, the perfect stance and the fact the tires/wheels fit in the wheel wells perfectly.

DSC04107.jpg

It is a great kit but beware anybody buying Tamiya kits from this time period(early to mid nineties) Tamiya had issues with cracking decals. I would not buy these kits unless I could see the decals in person.

Very nice. Only tiny issue is decals have a slight yellow tint

Hi Mark.  If your response was to my picture, thank you.  The picture is over-exposed.  I'm sitting here looking at the model and the red portion of the decals is a darker red.  The blue is also darker than what shows in the picture.

Hi Mark.  If your response was to my picture, thank you.  The picture is over-exposed.  I'm sitting here looking at the model and the red portion of the decals is a darker red.  The blue is also darker than what shows in the picture.

John,  I think he was referring to the decals in his kit. I can see no hint of yellowing on your completed model. 

John,  I think he was referring to the decals in his kit. I can see no hint of yellowing on your completed model. 

lol yes sorry john i ment my decals

what would reasonable asking price be (UK)

These kits are about as "rare" as any other 90s Tamiya kit. Studio 27 did a Carbon Fiber decal set for this right after the first of the year, and all the $20 ones instantly disappeared. This created a little faux collector's market. You can find them pop up in the $20s if you have them on a Watch List.

They seem to reissue the OOP stuff on like 3-5 year cycles which makes this and the 90s M-B AMG DTM cars prime candidates for being Spot Run again as the Opel is still in the active catalog. Tamiya just dropped about 6-8 kits out of the catalog, so it'll be interesting to see what they replace them with in the 3 & 4 Quarters.

However for the moment, $40 is probably fair.

Edited by niteowl7710

It is a great kit but beware anybody buying Tamiya kits from this time period(early to mid nineties) Tamiya had issues with cracking decals. I would not buy these kits unless I could see the decals in person.

Shunko Models have been releasing replacement decals for these Alfas over the past few years. I purchased the Bosch decal set and the quality is excellent

Hobbylink Japan is still showing the Bosch and Jagermeister sets.

• 3 weeks later...

I like that!   The Volvo wagon was a grail kit for me since the day it was released. I got one a few months ago and was so dissapointed in it that i just sold it ( and the decals were toast) but i also bought 3 of the Alfa kits sealed and they are very nice, i sure wouldnt pay more than 45.00 for them but they are nice.