Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH Scout Pro Touring

Brent

RIGHT ON, MAN!

A while back, there was a thread asking if there was a 1:1 car built with a model as its inspiration (or something like that).  If I had an IH scout, I would be in the garage cutting frame at this very moment because of this build!

Man I love that one, the stance is perfect and all the work you're doing to get it there is the kind of stuff I love to see. What you're doing under that Scout can be a tutorial for so many kits with molded on suspension or things that need to be separated and kit bashed and scratch built and so on! I tried to Pro Street one many years ago, but it never turned out quite right. Seeing yours now, I think I should do one more like you are, thank you for the inspiration!

side.jpg

I haven't been building seriously for a long while. I'll sneak one in here and there but nothing like I once was.Thank you for the comments guys! They are keeping me motivated and keeping me going on this. 

Dino that Pro Street looks great!! I absolutely LOVE the Pro Street scene. 

A bit of an update...

Hit the frame with some paint. This color will not be the body color....

IMG_20150721_212651-vi.jpg

Got some other parts painted as well.

IMG_20150721_212825-vi.jpg

And some frame assembly.

IMG_20150726_192902-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_192928-vi.jpg

Then back to the interior tub. Made a new firewall dog house and cleaned up the rest of it. I may have to clean up a bit more once I hit it with primer.

IMG_20150726_193146-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_193215-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_193225-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_194811-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_194823-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_194834-vi.jpg

I'm now working on a roll bar for the interior and a front air dam. I don't really like the front bumper on it so seeing if I can come up with something else. I rolled the back of the body so wont be using a rear bumper either.

I'll keep at it.......

Edited by Brent

Cool, I see you addressed the too narrow interior tub as the floor bottom visible from the underside.  Note that this kit was originally from Ertl, prior to their purchase of AMT, so there are some primitive attributes to it.  Under the hood the kit is sparse on detail, mostly in the firewall area with the absence of a master cylinder and other bits, including the whole heater assembly.  That should be on the right inner fender. 

Great build, I'm watching!

WOW guys thanks for all the comments and feedback. A bit more done, not a huge update...

I tried to mock up the front end using the front bumper, isn't happening so I messed around making a front spoiler.
I also did the hood vents the C10R has.
Rear has been rolled, again didn't like the bumper look.

unters_chevy_c10r_protouring23-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_193034-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_194756-vi.jpg

IMG_20150801_170535-vi.jpg

IMG_20150801_170634-vi.jpg

IMG_20150726_192822-vi.jpg

Edited by Brent

• 4 weeks later...