Model Cars Magazine Forum

In regards to the Revell/Foose partnership I don't think it is out of line to believe he would invest some capital in the project. That would also help justify doing one off customs that can't be modified easily for more versions to help pay for the tooling. And yes, of course they are going to pay him royalties. I could also see him getting a bigger portion of the profits/royalties from the following kits in this line to repay the initial capital invested on his part. As they say it takes money to make money.

I guess there is a valid reason for concern about the origin of this "new" kit.

Now, the way I see it is that Revell moves in mysterious ways, and it does well to remember that they did have an old drag Willys - and then they tooled up a brand new one. They had an old VW Beetle - and then they tooled up a brand new one. And I also think Revell knows that their existing F-100 tool doesn't really do their reputation any favors, and that they could really use a successor to that tool. 

Does anybody remember the Stacy David Rat Roaster? While it was not a 100% representation of the real one, it was still close enough to keep most customers happy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it shared a lot of parts with the other deuce kits. All the bodywork was new, engine and wheels were new, interior new. I believe the the front suspension (at least the axle) was new. I think only the rear suspension and possibly the frame (albeit slightly revised) carried over from the other kits. 

So.  - If Revell has seen strong enough sales of the Rat Roaster, I could see them doing a fairly faithful kit of the Foose F-100. They might take small liberties with the underpinnings in order to facilitate future spin-offs, but that doesn't really bother me all that much. As long as it builds well, looks good and sits right. Thats all I care for.

Edited by lysleder
fixed typo

Watch the language.

Last and final warning

Anyone, and I mean anyone, swearing, attempting to swear, or hiding a swear will be deleted.
Not warned, DELETED.

Once you get deleted, you will also not be able to visit, or view, the forum.

Thank you Gregg. I hear language all day, and dont like to have to put up with it here. I come here to escape the baloney of every day life, not get more of it.

While neither of the ones I voted on were picked, I respectfully suggest we wait until we actually SEE the test shots of these ? I'm beginning to think this hobby that has meant so much to me for 50 plus years, is full of whining, sniffling  crybabies who would rather cut down something they haven't SEEN yet, then to actually offer constructive positive  comments ? Yeah, they could both be total failures, or beautiful renditions -  but it won't matter, as soon as they are released some nincompoops will go into 'AUTO DISTRUCT' mode - and frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of it. Saw it with the RAT ROASTER. The ford wagon. The latest version (STREET MACHINE) AMT 57 Chevy; the list is endless..... Steven Zimmerman

I guess there is a valid reason for concern about the origin of this "new" kit.

Now, the way I see it is that Revell moves in mysterious ways, and it does well to remember that they did have an old drag Willys - and then they tooled up a brand new one. They had an old VW Beetle - and then they tooled up a brand new one. And I also think Revell knows that their existing F-100 tool doesn't really do their reputation any favors, and that they could really use a successor to that tool. 

Does anybody remember the Stacy David Rat Roaster? While it was not a 100% representation of the real one, it was still close enough to keep most customers happy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it shared a lot of parts with the other deuce kits. All the bodywork was new, engine and wheels were new, interior new. I believe the the front suspension (at least the axle) was new. I think only the rear suspension and possibly the frame (albeit slightly revised) carried over from the other kits. 

So.  - If Revell has seen strong enough sales of the Rat Roaster, I could see them doing a fairly faithful kit of the Foose F-100. They might take small liberties with the underpinnings in order to facilitate future spin-offs, but that doesn't really bother me all that much. As long as it builds well, looks good and sits right. Thats all I care for.

Revell also had the old, fiddly '55BelAir, but they brought out an all-new tool not too long ago.  "...mysterious ways...", indeed :)

Watch the language.

Last and final warning

Anyone, and I mean anyone, swearing, attempting to swear, or hiding a swear will be deleted.
Not warned, DELETED.

Once you get deleted, you will also not be able to visit, or view, the forum.

I couldn't agree more. If you wouldn't show it or say it to the child of a stranger, you shouldn't show it or say it on a public forum either. I had to delete a rather tasteless image the other day on another forum, as the poster obviously didn't have the class not to post it.

If I'm going to be realistic I'm still not convinced that Revell will do an all new tooling kit for the Foose truck as the tooling costs are huge and it's a one off custom build with far from stock proportions, severely modified chassis and drive line, and they haven't done that with the earlier Foose kits, they just threw in some new parts to old existing kits and added new decals and were done with it.
The other kits listed here has huge possibilities to do future kits from but if Revell did the Foose truck right they would be stuck with it as it's far too much modified to go as a stock bodied truck and they have to retool a lot to do another kit from it that doesn't look like the Foose truck.
But as I said, if they do a correct Foose truck I'll buy it as I think it's very cool.

Edited by Force

To be quite honest, I'm not too thrilled with any model that only depicts a specific custom vehicle, regardless of type. As a consequence, I'll avoid buying any model (for the most part), that cannot also be done as a stock version of that vehicle. 

oh, got my first warning, had to edit this a 3rd time, can I go outside and ride my trycycle now, 

Really? You have that little respect for the rules? 

Well it's not only the rear bumper and the Roush Ford FE engine that does the Foose truck, the whole truck is modified everywhere, especially the cab, hood, front and rear fenders, the wheelbase is also different from stock and if you do your homework you can go on for a long time listing modifications done to the real truck that has to be done.
So it's not just to take a regular 56 Ford F100 and change a few simple things and you have a Foose truck...no it takes a lot of work if it's going to be right.
Hopefully Foose will not sell out too easily and have a say on how the final truck kit is going to look...after all, it's his name and his reputation at stake.

Edited by Force

Hard to voice an opinion when women show up, for those, dial 1-800 U need a Whaambulance, ya kno who ya are, freak'n women all over the place, sure wish they left the lock it option, will this get me my second strike, lock it down, delete it, whatever, admin use yer magic wand, or in this case the delete button, as there isnt one on my side.....

Haven't seen any women posting in this thread...you better check your lousy attitude at the door...you aren't providing any useful input to this thread.

Well it's not only the rear bumper and the Roush Ford FE engine that does the Foose truck, the whole truck is modified everywhere, especially the cab, hood, front and rear fenders, the wheelbase is also different from stock and if you do your homework you can go on for a long time listing modifications done to the real truck that has to be done.
So it's not just to take a regular 56 Ford F100 and change a few simple things and you have a Foose truck...no it takes a lot of work if it's going to be right.
Hopefully Foose will not sell out too easily and have a say on how the final truck kit is going to look...after all, it's his name and his reputation at stake.

Well, if Revell is promoting this as an 'all new' kit, I have to assume it will truly be all new and not a 50 yr old tooling w/ new parts.  There is precidence of Revell doing single-version kits of custom subjects, with the Stacey David Rat Roaster being the most recent.

Edited by Rob Hall

another that has t

Hard to voice an opinion when women show up, for those, dial 1-800 U need a Whaambulance, ya kno who ya are, freak'n women all over the place, sure wish they left the lock it option, will this get me my second strike, lock it down, delete it, whatever, admin use yer magic wand, or in this case the delete button, as there isnt one on my side.....

Haven't seen any women posting in this thread...you better check you lousy attitude at the door...you aren't providing any useful input to this threa

Edited by Gothicz House Of Kustomz