Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Oklahoma - Old guy with old builds...

Just checking in and saying hi from Oklahoma land. Old man, no current builds but a few survivors from the 1980s. Been re-collecting some projects and especially want to build a copy of my full scale 1969 Mustang Coupe using the Grande Resin kit. Here's a few of the old builds for now.

1940 Sedan was built to be like the 40 Sedan in my garage at the time... model done back then, real car sold so I could work on my real 1969 Mustang.

1987 Turbocoupe drag car as the 87 Turbocoupe body on the 85 Pro Stock chassis before any TC kit was available.

The 1985/6 Prostock car was done before the 87 with opened doors, trunk and removable front section.

1970 Boss 429 was basic build, toothpaste polished plastic with engine detail.

1940 Coupe Drag was the earliest build with a tilt up body and single drag seat/engine/drive line from a funny car kit.

Getting interested again in scale to build a copy of my still in progress actual 1969 Mustang I've had since 1974. Back on the road this year and just picked up an affordable copy of the 1969 Grande body so now seems like a good time to start at least.

Last pic is the real (but rough) 1969 Stang... fun (to me) story of that pic is I used to own the white TransAm back in the 80s, sold to a friend who had to sell it and recently got it back to rebuild and the 1978 Rally Sport Camaro was the car my wife and I actually met in back in 1980. Fun pic...

But enough rambling...

Stephen

IMG_6311.JPG

IMG_6317.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6334.JPG

IMG_2908.JPG

Welcome Stephen..!  I use to own a beautiful 75 TA...miss that car love to build a replica of it someday.  I also owned a 83 TA it was a restoration I did got to drive it for 2 weeks to the morning of my accident got hit from behind at a red light about 60mph.  been building all my life...very late 50s through mid 70s body styles.  Nice Mustang.

Welcome to the forum Stephen. That's awesome you have your old builds. I have a couple of real projects. Your pony doesn't too bad. My first car, 72 Camaro Strip/Street car, is in primer still, has been since I bought it in 98. Small block 406, 411s, roll bar, very fun car. My grandpa's 66 Suburban, factory 4 wheel drive. He bought new in 67 as a 66 left over. I hope it never leaves family after I'm long gone.