Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dashboard gauges

Depends on what kit you're working with. Many kits come with dash gauge decals these days. Also, there are some aftermarket companies like Model Car Garage that include gauge decals in their photoetch detail kits.

Another option, which really opens up what you can do, is to find images of the dash you need the gauges from, preferably a picture of just the gauges, then resize it to fit the kit you're working with. I've done that a few times recently, with pretty decent results. Restoration catalogs are good for finding musclecar and truck gauges, others can be found through a Google search. That also gives you the option of doing specific gauge options, if the real car had one or there's a custom version available aftermarket.

Google the make and year of the dash gauges your looking for, like this: 1959 Plymouth dash board and when the searches appear, click on images and you will get tons of examples. This came up for my 59 Plymouth build:

59_Plymouth_dash.thumb.jpg.3e779c2fee41b

Also check e-bay motors parts. I find lots of good stuff there.